CrowdStrike is the leader in cloud-delivered next-generation endpoint protection, threat intelligence, and pre- and post-incident response services. With the ability to collect and process over 100 billion events a day, CrowdStrike has revolutionized endpoint protection by being the first and only company to unify next-generation antivirus (AV), endpoint detection and response (EDR), and a 24/7 managed hunting service — all delivered via a single lightweight agent. We are one of the World's Most 50 Innovative Companies according to MIT, and one of Forbes Most Promising Companies. Our growth and innovation are driven by incredible employees who deliver unmatched customer success.
We have received a number of exciting awards including:
- October 2018: 100 Best Medium Workplaces Second Year in a Row by Fortune magazine.
- June 2018: Closed over $200 million, led by General Atlantic, Accel and IVP, with participation from March Capital and CapitalG (Google), achieving a valuation of more than $3 billion.
- April 2018: CrowdStrike Wins SC Award for Best Security Company Second Year in a Row.
About the Role
The Security Engineer is instrumental in helping secure the CrowdStrike Enterprise covering the network, application, and enterprise systems. The security engineer will work with the security architecture, compliance, information technology, and engineering teams to protect CrowdStrike.
- Work with team members to create strategy and execute the deployment of security infrastructure to mitigate risk
- Participate in the planning, implementing, and testing of security systems
- Prepare security standards, policies, and procedures
- Implement, manage, and monitor core security infrastructure
Security Engineer Job Duties:
- Plan security systems by evaluating network and security technologies; developing requirements for local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), virtual private networks (VPNs), routers, firewalls, and related security and network devices; designs public key infrastructures (PKIs), including use of certification authorities (CAs) and digital signatures as well as hardware and software; adhering to industry standards.
- Enhance security team accomplishments and competence by planning delivery of solutions; answering technical and procedural questions for less experienced team members; teaching improved processes; mentoring team members.
- Architecture/platform; identifying integration issues; preparing cost estimates.
- Determine security requirements by evaluating business strategies and requirements; researching information security standards; plan and collaborate with team members in conducting system security and vulnerability analyses and risk assessments; studying
- Implement security systems by specifying intrusion detection methodologies and equipment; directing equipment and software installation and calibration; preparing preventive and reactive measures; creating, transmitting, and maintaining keys; providing technical support; completing documentation.
- Verify security systems by developing and implementing test scripts.
- Maintain security by monitoring and ensuring compliance to standards, policies, and procedures; conducting incident response analyses; developing and conducting training programs.
- Upgrade security systems by monitoring security environment; identifying security gaps; evaluating and implementing enhancements.
- Prepare system security reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Update job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging security practices and standards; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
What You'll Need
- Network Security
- Application Security
- Host Level Security Expertise
- Identity & Access Management Infrastructure experience
- Network Hardware Configuration
- Network Protocols
- Networking Standards
- Supervision, Conceptual Skills
- Decision Making
- Informing Others
- Functional and Technical Skills
- Information Security Policies
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Market leader in compensation + stock options
- Competitive vacation policy
- Comprehensive health benefits + 401k plan (US only)
- Paid paternity and maternity leave, including adoption
- Flexible work hours and remote friendly environment
- Wellness programs
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
- Peer recognition
- Inclusive culture focused on people, customers and innovation
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, community service events
CrowdStrike believes that diversity and inclusion among our organization is essential to our success as a global company, and we seek to attract, retain and empower the industry’s best and brightest from a diverse talent pool.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.