Security Solutions Engineer
Rapid7 is seeking a motivated individual to join our Applied Engineering organization as a Security Solutions Engineer. The Security Solutions Engineer works with the sales team in a pre-sales role to develop and position Rapid7’s security solutions. They operate as an equal partner with the sales team, working to understand customer needs, propose the best solutions for their business, and secure the technical win. Part security practitioner and part business partner, Security Solutions Engineers go toe-to-toe in technical discussions with engineers.
Rapid7 Applied Engineers are writers, practitioners, engineers, and educators who help customers manage security and IT operations. We create great customer experiences by understanding their business and needs, demonstrating and proposing solutions that meet those needs, and implementing those solutions in their environment.
Job Responsibilities: (what they’ll be doing day to day)
- Delivers presentations and participates in conference call discussions and face-to-face meetings to corporate network and security teams
- During the qualifying process, confirms that Rapid7’s solutions meet the prospect’s requirements and assists sales in technical qualification
- Articulates and demonstrates Rapid7’s solutions, and positions products relative to competition
- Possess presentation-ready knowledge and product expertise on all Rapid7’s product groups, with specialized expertise in the security solutions.
- Operational knowledge of competitive products for each of Rapid7’s solutions
Job Requirements: (what they should have/know coming in)
- Must be able to present effectively in front of large groups, both technically and non-technically oriented
- Ability to understand business problems of C-level executives; discuss these problems; present and prepare solutions
- Relate to a wide range of technical staff and managers in customer environments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Customer focused - responds effectively to needs expressed by customers
- In-depth knowledge of multiple operating systems and security solutions
- Possesses or willing to pursue industry or technical certification (i.e. CISSP, CEH)
Job Plusses: (Nice to haves)
- Security solution and networking technology experience
- Operational experience with Rapid7’s solutions
- Systems and network administration experience
- Scripting or programming experience
Bachelor's degree and/or related 1-3 years of work experience