Senior Backend Engineer - Data Engineering
How many times have you called a business and quickly become frustrated? Providing your account number over and over again. Long silences while the rep looks up basic information. It’s an everyday stressor that’s outdated and unnecessary. It’s also why we started Tenfold.
Our software enables businesses to have better customer conversations. When you talk to a company using Tenfold, the rep has all your relevant information right in front of them, in one place. The important details about the customer are no longer hidden from the person trying to serve you. Best of all, it works in real-time and behind the scenes. Our mission is to put bad customer service out of business, on the phone or wherever it may hide.
Watch our demo video - https://vimeo.com/246701403
Engineering Culture video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrdC8yc7jPU
We are hiring Senior Backend Engineers to solve complex data engineering challenges. In this role, you will be responsible for building a system to ingest data from multiple disparate systems of record into a single unified profile, real-time, for every interaction. You will use machine learning to increasingly improve matching of records between systems using a variety of data points to build the contact profile. This technology will set the standard for customer experiences by creating a hybrid AI layer allowing agents to focus on their customer while technology does the rest. Your work will establish a Customer ID Graph which offers a never before seen look into every interaction in real-time.
We are looking for people that have an understanding of not only data ingestion but data processing and consumption. This is a big data problem in terms of where we store our data but also how we access that data and do so at speed. As a Senior Backend Engineer, you will build the real-time backend to power the world’s most impactful artificial intelligence for sales and customer service.
What you will work on:
- You will design and implement Rest-based microservices
- You will build an aggregation layer that search across all CRMs and systems of record and present that information back to the end users (gather, merge, return, search).
- You will write APIs to save and append notes across all systems of record and collapse the duplicate events into a singular record.
- You will write APIs which will communicate with 3rd party services to gather information like social profiles, contact information, etc. to enrich the contact profile for the end user.
What you bring to the team:
- Experience aggregating data from multiple sources.
- You have the experience of leading development efforts which include questioning everything around you, verifying the job is done, being deadline driven, staying ahead of team members falling behind.
- You have accountability which is based on points per sprint and the expectation of meeting 100% of the sprint and being proactive to be aware of any blocking issues.
- Must be able to communicate effectively across the different teams and being able to delegate.
- You have experience working with full-text search engines like ElasticSearch or Solr and have a strong understanding of caching and indexing.
- You have experience with real-time stream processing systems like Kafka, Spark, Samza or Storm.
- You have experience with NoSQL data systems like MongoDB, Cassandra, Hadoop, Postgres NoSQL or other systems.
- You have familiarity developing in cloud environments like AWS or Google Cloud Platform (Lambda, Cloud Functions, Step Functions).
- You write reusable code that is easy to maintain.
- You are proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- You are proficient understanding OWASP security principles
Tenfold is Austin’s fastest growing startup backed by funding from Andreessen Horowitz. Our platform connects company's phone systems with CRMs, ERPs, Marketing systems and other systems of record and provides users with a unified view of the data. Built for enterprises and high-growth companies, Tenfold helps companies increase revenue and build better relationships with their customers by allowing them to measure, analyze and improve every aspect of the customer journey. Our software connects your existing phone system with any CRM or system of record. Tenfold optimizes the way companies sell, service & support their customers while enabling them to measurably improve the customer experience. Tenfold helps companies open customer relationships that will continue to grow and create value over time, while at the same time enabling them to retain these relationships by providing an exceptional customer experience. Tenfold’s enterprise clients are connecting their phone systems with an average of 9 different systems of record.
Highlights of our product’s capabilities include:
- Click to dial
- Automatic Call logging to CRM
- Edit, Relate or create new records, leads, opportunities, cases or tickets
- Send notification emails by @mentions
- Call analytics and Gamification Call Activity
- Email template integration
- Assign follow-up tasks
- Link to call recording in CRM
- Leads slipping away notifications
- Launch online video meetings
- Social profile integration
The Perks & Benefits
- Competitive salaries
- Stock Options (become an owner in the company)
- Incentive compensation based on successful attainment of measured goals
- Employee medical and dental coverage
- Short and long-term disability
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Generous vacation time
- 24/7 parking near UT Campus in Austin
- Rapidly growing organization poised for growth and career development
- A beautiful office space with lots of natural lighting
- Exciting customer base and quality opportunities for advancement
- Austin Hottest Startups Watchlist
- Austin A-List best businesses in Growth phase