Senior Engineering Manager Cloud Platform
As a leader you will be driving Vrbo's engineering culture, by building, evangelizing and supporting the environments used by all of Vrbos's engineers globally. You’ll have the chance to drive the development experience on the state-of-the-art cloud technologies. Our continuously growing footprint will give you the opportunity to work at scale while being creative in an agile team. You’ll be joining a established team where people go out of their way to help each other succeed. You’ll also get to work with partners across the globe gaining international experience in a fast-paced travel industry all while working in an incredible office space!
What You’ll Do
- Lead & grow a team of developers
- Art-craft as an architect
- Array vision of the product and
- Be a courageous and innovative leader
Who You Are
- Manage a team of Cloud/DevOps Engineers following Agile methodologies
- Help scale our global Cloud Platform to enable reliable and performant infrastructure for Vrbo.
- Own the resolution of production problems and efforts to track and remediate issues.
- Organize, promote, and drive Agile development processes within the team.
- Recruit, mentor, and motivate phenomenal engineering talent.
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years of software or DevOps engineering experience in a large enterprise or web-scale environment.
- Strong track-record of building and leading platform engineering team focused on infrastructure and support.
- Experience working with software such as Consul, DataDog, Mesos/Marathon, Nomad, Spark\Flink, Splunk, Vault.
- Experience deploying platform infrastructure both on public cloud and private cloud.
- Familiarity with micro-service architecture and experience in developing RESTful services is a plus.
- Knowledge of AWS, GCP, Terraform, CI/CD is a plus.
- Familiarity with systems management tools (Puppet, Chef, Ansible)
- Experience in collaborating with geographically distributed teams is a plus.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility).
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on VRBO.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
Why Join Us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.