Senior Information Security Engineer
Duo Security, now a part of Cisco, is the leading provider of Trusted Access security and multi-factor authentication delivered through the cloud.
Duo’s mission is to make security simple for everyone. We were born from a hacker ethos and a desire to make the Internet a secure place. We believe in empowering people to follow their passions inside and outside of the office and enable every employee to bring their whole self to work.
Our team is our secret weapon. We run the spectrum from artists to analysts, low-key to high energy, and bring together a diversity of skill sets, experiences, and perspectives to solve what we consider to be the world's most pressing geopolitical challenge — transforming the security industry as we know it. Together we build solutions that are easy, effective, trustworthy, and enduring. And that’s why we are the most loved and trusted company in security.
As a Senior Information Security Engineer, you will provide technical leadership to the team while you build tools to keep the security company secure. You will democratize security as a practitioner, and you will be Duo’s “customer zero” implementing and providing feedback on our own product.
As a member of the Corporate Security Engineering team team, you will create a security foundation across the organization, through tools, automation, and best practices. You'll experiment with cutting edge technologies to uncover the best way to scale this foundation to all of Duo, Cisco, and beyond.
Skills you have…
- Proven history of providing technical leadership within software engineering teams, with a focus on security tooling
- Deep experience with cloud security and an understanding of how to automate security within AWS or GCP
- Highly skilled in Python, Go or a similar modern high-level language
- Expert in SQL, ElasticSearch, NoSQL and other emerging data storage technologies
- Experience delivering quality software through automated testing, continuous delivery, and agile methodologies
Even better if…
- You are passionate about serverless technologies like AWS Lambda and Fargate and the thought of deploying an unnecessary server leaves you feeling nauseated
- You have built automation for compliance programs like SOC 2, PCI, or FedRAMP
- You stay up-to-date on the latest security threats facing organizations
- You build tools with usability in mind, so your work can benefit a wide audience
- Care about contributing to an amazing work culture and environment
- Love collaborating with, teaching, and learning from high-performing peers on software projects
Duo is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness. We are able to grow and learn better together with a diverse team of employees. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents not only part of our culture, but our reputation and Duo’s achievement as well. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that all potential candidates can bring in terms of their education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, gender identity and expression, nationality, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
And if this role is exciting you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all 100% of the description or qualifications. Finally and most importantly, we are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer