Senior Mobile Software Engineer (Android & iOS)
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce is currently seeking a Senior Mobile Engineer with Android experience (and some iOS experience) to join a brand new engineering team in Downtown Austin. The ideal candidate should possess a solid mix of native skills. This team will be working on greenfield projects and building an array of mobile applications for the BigCommerce platform.
If you are hungry, have that “start up” mentality, and are searching for an opportunity to be involved in the entire lifecycle of mobile app creation (concept, design, implement, test, release, and support) then look no further.
Who You Are:
- 5+ years of software development experience.
- Must have: 3+ years experience of Android mobile application development experience (Kotlin preferred; Java accepted), with portfolio of released apps.
- Nice to Have: 2+ years of experience with iOS mobile application development experience (Swift preferred; Objective-C accepted), with portfolio of released apps.
- Strong understanding of the Android ecosystem and its guidelines for app development.
- Solid knowledge of architectural approaches (MVC, MVP, MVVM).
- Experience interfacing with REST APIs.
- Experience supporting the entire application lifecycle of consumer apps (concept, design, test, integration, publish/release and support).
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Excited to learn new technologies
What You’ll Do:
- Work with a small team of motivated designers, engineers, and product managers to help build a number of BigCommerce mobile applications
- Participate in code reviews and mobile application debugging and diagnosisSee design requirements from concept through to completion (develop, debug, test, document and deploy)
- Write code that is performant, fault-tolerant, maintainable, testable, and concise
- Push yourself to learn the full BigCommerce tech stack: Ruby, Scala, Docker, PHP, Angular, Node, MySQL, Redis, and more…
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.