Senior QA Engineer
A Senior Quality Assurance Engineer at Procore works with all parts of Procore applications to ensure that our product delivers a high quality experience to our users. A senior QA engineer builds and executes automated and manual test plans independently. They have a passion for problem solving and a capacity for resourcefulness that will allow them to test all parts of the Procore web, iOS, Android, and Windows applications when needed, though they typically specialize in one platform.
This position requires specialization in detecting anomalies as well as the ability to test complex new features that span the application. Candidates will work closely with the Development, Product and UX teams to develop and assess the best solutions to meet client needs. Successful candidates will have an eagle-eye attention to detail and experience communicating complex processes, workflows, and projects on a software development team. Our team is fast-paced, agile, and always working with deadlines so you must be comfortable under pressure! This position requires strong organizational skills and a lot of problem solving – your background should match.
What you'll do:
- Attend daily meetings as an integral member of a development team to share priorities and objectives for the day and discuss pertinent concerns or issues
- Work on large-scale projects, including tracking current progress or issues and designing and executing test plans at different stages of the project
- Identify, communicate, and document bugs in test and production environments
- Create and maintain use cases, test plans, and regression tests for new and existing features
- Test new features and improvements to our applications, fixes for bugs or user-reported issues
- Contribute to our automated test suite while also manually testing new features and improvements
- Coordinate information and tasks across multiple departments at Procore
- Gain and maintain a thorough and in-depth understanding of all Procore applications
- Facilitate the team’s development cycle (e.g., facilitate communication among team members, assist with sprint planning and backlog prioritization, remove impediments to meeting team goals, keep teams on task)
- Mentor junior QA Engineers
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of experience in full-stack Software Quality Assurance
- Competent in building and maintaining automated tests
- 2+ years experience with SaaS-based products
- Competent with scripting (Ruby preferred), HTTP protocols, and APIs
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) on an individual basis, as well as with larger groups
- Demonstrated ability to rapidly learn new technologies and achieve stretch goals in an innovative, fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor junior QA Engineers
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore. To learn more about our team, click here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, stock options, employee enrichment and development programs, and friends & family events.