Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
What we do:
Cision (formerly TrendKite) is a leading global provider of software and services to communications and marketing professionals. Our flagship product, the Cision Communications Cloud, is an industry-leading comms platform that delivers best-in-class earned media monitoring and analytics, a comprehensive media and influencer contact database, newswire distribution, business results attribution capabilities, and much more.
The Senior Quality Assurance Engineer is a highly technical role focused on ensuring the quality of products, services and tools across our Earned Media platform. In addition to building and maintaining a variety of application-level tests and integration-level tests, you will think strategically and drive QA platform and tooling choices in collaboration with product and development leaders and engineers. You will make use of your vast knowledge and experience with best-in-class QA methodologies and technologies to ensure we maintain a high level of quality across our platform. This may include a mix of manual and automated end-to-end testing. Operationally, you will monitor and advise leadership on the effectiveness of our QA efforts on a variety of things such as tracking false positives, test escapes and risk assessments.
- Partner with Product Manager, Development Manager and engineers to design, develop and maintain test strategies to support our flagship product line
- Work with development team to Identify strategies for testing engineering deliverables, including a balance of API/UI automation and exploratory testing
- Identify and improve QA processes so we can maintain quality at scale
- Design, develop and help to maintain a suite of end-to-end automated tests using testing framework
- Integrate automated testing efforts with CI/CD systems to ensure that tests are reliably run as part of the development pipeline
- Guide activities of QA Engineers
- Execute tests in Dev/Staging/Production environments as documented in test plans
- Execute and refine tests so they are stable, reliable and repeatable
- Provide additional testing guidance and direction for development team
- 5+ years relevant experience in the QA or QE discipline
- Significant experience designing, building and maintaining automated test frameworks (e.g. Selenium, BDD, Page Object Model, scripted language)
- 2-4 years of API test experience with preference toward automation
- 2-4 years of database/SQL experience writing queries to retrieve, add, edit and delete data
- Ability to write comprehensive English-language test cases
- Ability to learn complex technical application systems
- Familiarity with common SaaS development infrastructure and tooling (e.g. AWS, Jenkins, git)
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Creativity in finding ways to break SaaS applications
- Understanding of modern browsers and their differences
Cision employs the brightest, most passionate folks in the tech industry. We’d love for you to join that group!
Cision's recent acquisitions of startups TrendKite and Falcon.io provided the company with additional innovative technology and a focus on user experience that sets the company's software apart from anything else in the comms industry. With these additional capabilities, the next generation Cision Communications Cloud platform delivers an improved user experience, more intelligent and interactive reporting, and better campaign execution for PR and comms teams.
By investing in our brand, our team, and our technology, we are leading a revolution in the PR and communications industry. We invest in our people through training and professional development and we empower them to grow their careers - because the most important measure of our success is yours.
Cision Ltd (NYSE: CISN) is a leading global provider of earned media software and services to public relations and marketing communications professionals. Cision software allows users to identify key influencers, craft and distribute strategic content, and measure meaningful impact. Cision has over 4,000 employees with offices in 22 countries throughout the Americas, EMEA, and APAC. For more information about its award-winning products and services, including the Cision Communications Cloud, visit www.cision.com and follow Cision on Twitter @Cision.
Cision is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V, 41 CFR 60–1.4
Read Full Job Description