Senior Security Engineer
Vrbo is looking for a hardworking and highly motivated Senior Security Engineer to join the Global IT Security Team. This position will be responsible for communicating and realizing the security engineering infrastructure and ensuring that we are operating to the highest security standards. You will be expected to collaborate with various aspects of the company to define and innovate security standard methodologies. You will have demonstrated experience with cloud and security technologies including: WAF’s, IPS’s, NAC, vulnerability scanning / remediation, CI\CD security, AWS monitoring and cloud access controls. This position requires in-depth hands-on experience working with the architecture, planning, implementation, maintenance, monitoring and operationalizing of security technologies.
What you’ll do:
- Responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining security infrastructure in the cloud and data center environments.
- Work on improvements including the integration of cloud tooling and automation.
- Responsible for integrating and innovating on the existing security platform to drive higher signal to noise ratios across the various security event sources: server logs, network, various security devices, threat feeds, antivirus, malware, vulnerability scanners, etc.
- Experience with cloud controls, monitoring, and remediation lifecycles.
- Experience with establishing risk / threat metrics, scorecards, & health monitoring.
- Participate in project teams providing consultation on security engineering and helping realize the Security Engineering team build out DevOps initiatives.
- Responsible for designing and operationalizing all aspects of our security infrastructure, including cloud environments.
- Responsible for establishing security engineering / operations frameworks for various security technologies.
- Responsible for rolling up your sleeves and getting stuff done. This is a hands-on position.
Who you are:
- Strong scripting skills: Ruby, Python or other scripting language.
- Three years of experience working in a senior security engineering, senior hosting operations, or senior network engineering position.
- Strong DevOpsSec background and natural bridge builder.
- Strong understanding of the security / risk landscape: Layers 2 – 7.
- Consistent record with enterprise grade security technologies.
- Strong security tooling background including automating tasks.
- Technical knowledge in security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, and application security.
- Knowledge of system security vulnerabilities and remediation techniques.
- Knowledge of network and web related protocols.
- Creative, problem-solving approach to projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical capabilities and have a desire to learn new things.
- Experience working with complex, sophisticated environments.
- Resourceful and well organized.
- Willingness to provide feedback in challenging situations.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility).
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on Vrbo.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
Why join us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
In 1995, Vrbo introduced a new way for people to travel together, pairing homeowners with families and friends looking for places to stay. We were grounded in one purpose: To give people the space they need to drop the distractions of everyday life and simply be together. Since then, we've grown into a global community of homeowners and travelers, with unique properties in 190 countries around the world. Vrbo makes it easy and fun to book cabins, condos, beach houses and every kind of space in between.
Vrbo is part of HomeAway and the Expedia Group family of brands and offers homeowners and property managers exposure to over 750 million visits to Expedia Group sites each month. To learn more, visit www.vrbo.com.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.