Senior Software Engineer, Application Backend
Optimizely is the world's leader in customer experience optimization, allowing businesses to dramatically drive up the value of their digital products, commerce and campaigns through its best in class experimentation software platform. By replacing digital guesswork with evidence-based results, Optimizely enables product and marketing professionals to accelerate innovation, lower the risk of new features, and drive up the return on investment from digital by up to 10X. Over 26 of the Fortune 100 companies choose Optimizely to power their global digital experiences. Optimizely’s impressive customer list includes eBay, FOX, IBM, The New York Times and many more global enterprises.
Experimentation is the foundation of all human knowledge. At Optimizely we are the Experimentation Platform that enable some of largest companies in the world to turn data into action.
As we continue to enhance our enterprise-class experimentation platform, we are looking for a senior engineer to help lead and create our next wave of services and architectural improvements. We want you to be idealistic but pragmatic, creative but able to embrace elegant simplicity in both code and infrastructure. Scale and performance are part of everything we build. You’ll be building the foundation that empowers billions of experiences across the world’s leading websites and digital experience providers.
Does this sound like you? Come join us!
What you will do:
Design and implement next generation core application backend components
Identify when to replace and when to rebuild legacy systems
Design and enhance all systems to be Enterprise Class (Reliability, Scalability, Performance, Security, etc.)
Design and build systems that have monitoring and alerting capabilities
Educate internal customers on how to best venture into our codebase
Organize, plan, and lead large projects through to completion
What sets our Application Backend Engineers apart:
Work with colleagues that get you fired up every day and are super smart!
Learn more about our engineering organization by visiting our blog
We’re engaged in the Developer Community. We are after-all not just developers but we are also building products for developers. You’ll see us at PyBay (Bay Area), Austin Python Meetups and more
We’re not locked into a specific technology stack. You’ll be working with and picking the latest technologies to do the job right. Some of the technologies we work with include: Python, Django, Celery, Postgres, Redis, Elasticsearch, Docker, Jenkins, Linux, CircleCI, Heroku, AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Monitoring, and observability tooling
- You have 5+ years experience leading technical projects
- You have demonstrated experience in deconstructing a monolith application into services
- You have demonstrated experience in designing and building high-performance, highly-available and scalable services/APIs
- You find satisfaction in being a force multiplier for your colleagues
- You look at engineering problems holistically and have developed best in class products
- You stay on top of technical trends, and know how to use them pragmatically
- You are self-motivated, yet still enjoy working in partnership across an organization
- Commuter and transportation benefits
- Catered in-office lunch
- Full medical insurance with very low co-pay and deductible. HMO, PPO, and HSA options available
- Full dental coverage including orthodontics
- Full vision coverage including contacts
- Dependents 100% covered for medical, dental, and vision
- Wellness Grant
- Flexible vacation policy and seventeen weeks of paid parental leave
- 401k benefit
At Optimizely, we embody inclusion and embrace diversity. Optimizely is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Optimizely prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, nationality, citizenship, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or any other unlawful consideration. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.