Senior Software Engineer - Front End
Leading uniquely at the intersection point of technology and social good, Blackbaud provides software, services, expertise, and data intelligence that empowers and connects people to advance the social good movement. We serve the entire social good community, which includes nonprofits, foundation, corporations, education institutions, and the individual change agents who support them. We work with over 40,000 organizations, helping them realize their goals, fund their missions, manage their operations, and develop long-lasting supporter relationships. Our customers are passionate about making the world a better place, and we’re inspired by the opportunity to help them.
At Blackbaud we don’t just code, we code for cause. Each and every one of our customers is on a mission to change the world, and at Blackbaud, you will directly impact those inspiring organizations.
We are seeking exceptional people that are passionate about giving back and impacting nonprofits, foundations, corporations, educational institutions, and the individual change agents who support them. Our engineers design, build, and maintain the core code that allows Blackbaud to power continuous deployments and data centers and do so much more for the company while working with our state-of-the-art stack.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will be joining our development teams to develop and enhance web-based applications, and working with some of the latest technologies in user interfaces, server architecture and cloud based computing. You will collaborate with many project team members (Product Owners, Architects, Engineers, Project Managers, etc.) to ensure the development and implementation of solutions built. Engineers on our team are collaborative in nature, opinionated about contemporary software development practices and open-minded to contrasting views. If you’re passionate about technology with a wide set of domain knowledge around UI or full stack development, we’d love to hear from you.
What you'll be doing:
- Work within a Scrum team designing and developing software solutions
- Mentor other engineers and thoroughly review code
- Apply appropriate design/architectural patterns to practical problems by translating them into working code
- Understand business needs and be capable of translating them into technical solutions
- Communicate frequently and collaboratively with business resources
- Self-motivate and self-manage in a rapid application development environment
- Work closely with the product manager, quality assurance and other team members to coordinate schedules, identify task assignments and provide progress updates at daily standup meetings
What we'll want you to have:
- B.S. degree in Computer Science/Information Systems or related work experience
- 5+ years of related work experience, including .Net or other Object-Oriented programming
- Experience with the Agile mindset and Scrum framework
- Ability to work on site at our corporate office
Why you’ll want to come work here:
- Competitive salary (commission/bonus based on type of role), 4 weeks paid time off, great benefits (medical, dental, vision, FSA), 401K match
- Gift matching, volunteer for vacation program, and endless community involvement opportunities
- Named to Forbes’ Fast Tech 25 and Fortune’s Change the World List; we are growing and offer incredible opportunity for advancement
- Tremendous company culture and office perks as well as a new cutting-edge new headquarters completed in 2018
Blackbaud is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.