Senior Software Engineer, Full Stack
As a Senior Full-Stack Engineer
- You'll work with React (migrating from AngularJS) and React Native for our web and mobile platforms respectfully, along with Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL and ElasticSearch on our backend.
- You’ll contribute significant, product-defining features within your first few weeks, working full stack and end to end, tackling larger challenges as quickly as you can.
- You’ll develop deep expertise in our product, architecture and tech stack over your first couple months, establishing yourself as the Senior go-to person on the team for your particular projects or portions of our stack.
- Our teams are close-knit, consciously diverse. They move fast, constantly innovate and see every failure as a teaching opportunity. If you are someone who learns quickly, works well independently and with others, and above all gets stuff done, you will thrive.
Experience and skills we're looking for
- We’d prefer you to have some experience working as a full stack engineer on a modern engineering team. More important though is your ability to quickly learn new things, manage your own productivity, and improve yourself and our product every single day. If this is you, we want to meet you.
- You should have a deep dedication to software quality. You're the type that wants to never make the same mistake twice, see a repeat bug, or ship features which don’t meet our high standards. Most likely, you are a strong advocate for usability, code quality, good architecture or something similar.
- You should be someone who will easily become passionate about our product and its success. You want to understand our business model and our users, then work hard to make our product the best it can be.
Our Current Stack
- React (migrating from AngularJS) and React Native for our web and mobile platforms
- Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL and ElasticSearch on our backend
What we offer
- Flexible PTO policy
- 2 Compensation Reviews per year in June and December
- 401k Program with 4% match
- Fully paid health insurance
- Daily catered meals
- Competitive commuter benefits
- Work from home flexibility
- Open office space in the heart of downtown Austin
- Career development opportunities + partial reimbursement for ongoing education
- $2,000 vacation stipend on your 3 year anniversary