Senior Software Engineer, Full Stack
What you’ll be doing
- Work with the latest version of React and React Native for our web and mobile platforms along with Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL and ElasticSearch on our backend.
- Develop significant, product-defining features within your first 4-6 weeks, working full stack and end to end, tackling larger challenges as quickly as you can.
- Gain deep expertise in our product, architecture and tech stack over your first couple months, establishing yourself as the Senior go-to person on the team for your particular projects or portions of our stack.
- Our teams are close-knit, consciously diverse. They move fast, constantly innovate and see every failure as a teaching opportunity. If you are someone who learns quickly, works well independently and with others, and above all gets stuff done, you will thrive.
What you should have
- 5+ years (minimum) commercial software development experience using core JS + modern libraries and frameworks is required
- Full-Stack experience is preferred
- Specific experience with Ruby on the back-end would be great but is not required.
- Must be dedicated to software quality and be comfortable in a modern CI/CD infrastructure
- Able to mentor more junior engineers
Our Current Stack
- React (migrating from AngularJS) and React Native for our web and mobile platforms
- Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL and ElasticSearch on our backend
- Flexible PTO policy
- 401k Program with 4% match
- Fully paid employee health insurance for employee
- Daily catered meals
- Competitive commuter benefits
- Open office space in the heart of downtown Austin
- Career development opportunities + partial reimbursement for ongoing education
- $2,000 vacation stipend on your 3 year anniversary