Senior Software Engineer, Fullstack
Leading uniquely at the intersection point of technology and social good, Blackbaud provides software, services, expertise, and data intelligence that empowers and connects people to advance the social good movement. We serve the entire social good community, which includes nonprofits, foundation, corporations, education institutions, and the individual change agents who support them. We work with over 40,000 organizations, helping them realize their goals, fund their missions, manage their operations, and develop long-lasting supporter relationships. Our customers are passionate about making the world a better place, and we’re inspired by the opportunity to help them.
About the role:
As a Senior Software Engineer you will be joining our development teams to develop and enhance web-based applications, and working with some of the latest technologies in user interfaces, server architecture and cloud based computing. Our relaxed work environment promotes open seating, paired programming, cross team collaboration, efficient communication, Scrum methodologies and TDD principles.
Engineers at Blackbaud are thought leaders in our department and local development community. Duties include solving complex issues, learning/teaching new technologies, promoting growth and assuring your team delivers on its commitments.
What you’ll be doing:
- Implement important elements of the application software architecture and application infrastructure.
- Design and develop software applications, project prototypes, proofs of concept & client demos
- Champion TDD and Agile best practices for your product team
- Evaluate performance of critical application components and optimize them to assure maximum performance and scalability
- Perform, design and code reviews for all key application functional components
- Contribute to requirement definitions for project design and code reviews
- Mentor and stimulate growth for software and test engineers
- Participate in performance reviews of team members and in the interview process of new candidates
- Work closely with the product manager, quality assurance and other team members to coordinate schedules, identify task assignments and provide progress updates at daily standup meetings
What we’ll want you to have:
- B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering or possess equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of utilizing Java to build robust scalable applications
- 2+ years of utilizing AngularJS to build web-based applications
- 1+ years of experience working in a professional DevOps environment
- 1+ years of experience contributing in a TDD & Agile work environment
- Experience with design and implementation of object structures in relational databases
- Experience working with SOAP, REST APIs and micro services
- Proven history of self-direction and possess the ability to carry out assignments from beginning to end
- Open minded, creative thinker with the ability to balance client requirements, competitive pressures, and technical resource limitations across product families
- Professional demeanor, adaptable to change and possessing a can-do attitude!
Why you’ll want to come work here:
- Competitive salary (commission/bonus based on type of role), 4 weeks paid time off, great benefits (medical, dental, vision, FSA), 401K match
- Gift matching, volunteer for vacation program, and endless community involvement opportunities
- Named to Forbes’ Fast Tech 25 and Fortune’s Change the World List; we are growing and offer incredible opportunity for advancement
- Tremendous company culture and office perks as well as a new cutting-edge new headquarters completed in 2018
Blackbaud is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.