Senior Software Engineer (MAP) - Ruby
BigCommerce, named a "Best Place to Work" in Austin 2017 is looking for an experienced and proven Ruby engineer who wants to join a well-established, fast-paced team in the exciting and rapidly growing e-commerce industry.
What You’ll Do
You’ll work on our marketplace for apps and themes which enables third party vendors to provide additional functionality (apps) and style (themes) to our merchants’ online storefronts. Collaborate and design out the best solutions with cross-functional teams and coordinate with the team around you to implement those designs through individual code contribution as well as technical guidance to your teammates.
- Build highly-available, distributed systems
- Write code that is performant, fault-tolerant, maintainable, testable, and concise
- Work closely with other engineers to decompose our current codebases into a SOA
- Work closely with operations and infrastructure to build and improve the architecture while building and scaling services
Who You Are
- At least 5 years of professional experience as a Software Engineer
- At least 3 years of professional experience with Ruby / Ruby on Rails
- Willingness to jump into some PHP/Craft CMS to push solutions forward
- Understands how to employ automated testing to enable continuous integration
- Experience in developing high-performance, scalable and available web services and applications
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies and ticketing systems such as JIRA
- Desire to work in a collaborative, open environment on an Agile team as a contributor and mentor
- Highly proactive and results-oriented with excellent critical thinking skills
- Excited to teach and learn new technologies
- Experience with e-commerce, SaaS platforms highly desirable
Our mission is to revolutionize commerce, bringing online selling and features once reserved for multi-billion-dollar companies to the masses. To make that a reality, we need exceptional people to build, support and grow our platform. If that’s you, come join a fast-growing company with more than 85,000 clients, a great culture, outstanding benefits and $125 million in funding from visionary investors like Steve Case's Revolution Partners, Softbank, Amex and Telstra.
We’re a team of smart, passionate and talented people on a mission to democratize commerce. If you’re looking to work with industry leaders and love what you do, we want to hear from you!
Perks & Benefits
- Choice of parking or light rail pass for those in downtown Austin office
- An amazing company culture that doesn’t just talk values, but lives them
- Open vacation policy for salaried team members + paid sick time
- Competitive compensation packages and meaningful stock grants for every employee
- Comprehensive health insurance coverage that starts on day one
- Fully stocked kitchens and craft beers (don’t worry, we also subsidize gym memberships)
- Four especially cool offices in Austin, San Francisco and Sydney
- A free online store to help you live out your entrepreneurial dreams
- Employee-driven team building activities like paintball, rock climbing, social sports leagues, hackathons, movie nights, river floats, etc.
- Time off for volunteering and employee-driven charity events