Senior Software Engineer - Production Engineer/Platform
Duo Security, now a part of Cisco, is the leading provider of Trusted Access security and multi-factor authentication delivered through the cloud.
Duo’s mission is to make security simple for everyone. We were born from a hacker ethos and a desire to make the Internet a secure place. We believe in empowering people to follow their passions inside and outside of the office and enable every employee to bring their whole self to work.
Our team is our secret weapon. We run the spectrum from artists to analysts, low-key to high energy, and bring together a diversity of skill sets, experiences, and perspectives to solve what we consider to be the world's most pressing geopolitical challenge — transforming the security industry as we know it. Together we build solutions that are easy, effective, trustworthy, and enduring. And that’s why we are the most loved and trusted company in security.
Duo Security is hiring a Senior Software Engineer - Production Engineer/Platform, as well as there are many other Production Engineering positions available. Are you passionate about security and want to build new architecture to help us scale? Then you need to come join Duo! These positions can be based remote or based in our Ann Arbor, MI or Austin, TX offices.
What you’ll do…
Duo’s Production Engineering team keeps the cloud-based services relied upon by Duo's customers available, scalable, and secure.
As a member of this team, you will work closely to bridge Production Engineering and Security missions to ensure the safe and secure operation of our cloud infrastructure through architecting creative solutions to challenging security and scaling problems. Your work will protect over 25 million authentications a day and the devices and applications used by customers around the world.
Skills you have…
- Prior experience architecting and delivering cloud security solutions through all aspects of the development lifecycle.
- Experience collaborating successfully with security engineers, product managers, operations, and software engineers.
- Deep experience with AWS security. Experience with Azure and Google Compute Engine a plus.
- Proficiency in Python. Experience with Twisted a plus.
- Experience managing product security incidents and managing vulnerability discovery/remediation efforts.
- Expert-level understanding of foundational security problems, technology, and market landscape.
- Working knowledge of large-scale internet service architectures like load balancing, clustering, distributed systems, content delivery networks, service oriented architectures, and message queueing systems.
3 Reasons why you should apply…
- You love continuous improvement. You identify issues/opportunities and translate those into results. You automate anything and everything you can.
- You want to be a part of something big and make a difference. Duo is changing the face of security, and is protecting many of the world's top brands. Downtime is not an option.
- You are not afraid to challenge the status quo. You approach conflict in a constructive manner and help to identify root causes of problems, offer corrective actions, and participate in the solutions.
Duo is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness. We are able to grow and learn better together with a diverse team of employees. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents not only part of our culture, but our reputation and Duo’s achievement as well. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that all potential candidates can bring in terms of their education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, gender identity and expression, nationality, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
And if this role is exciting you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all 100% of the description or qualifications. Finally and most importantly, we are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer