Senior Software Engineer, Scala (Channel Integrations)
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores at a fraction of the cost to support every stage of their growth.
Being named a ”Best Place to Work" in Australia, a “Best and Brightest” place to work in San Francisco, and a “Best Place to Work” in Austin, we are looking for a full-time Senior Software Engineer on the Omni-channel team in our downtown Austin office.
BigCommerce has established itself as the leading SaaS platform for merchants to build and grow their businesses via online storefronts. The Omni-channel team seeks to take things to the next level by building cutting-edge innovations in commerce allowing our merchants to manage and sell their products beyond just their online storefronts to where their customers are.
This growing team is looking for an engineer with strong technical experience who will focus on iteratively improving the experience for our merchants who want to sell on many channels. In the last couple years, we have established ourselves as the leading e-commerce solution providing best-in-class integrations with Amazon, eBay, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Square with more, exciting integrations on the way!
In this role, you’ll help empower our merchants to quickly and easily list their products out to other channels where their customers are. You’ll also work closely with other engineers, UI designers and product managers to define stories, assess scope and technical concerns as well as advocate for best practices that improve software quality.
At BigCommerce, you will have the opportunity to design and implement scalable, highly interactive apps that enable thousands of BigCommerce merchants. You will also build applications using the latest technologies and development methodologies.
BigCommerce offers a heavily collaborative environment helping you expand your skill set and take ideas from inception to delivery.
What you’ll do
- Build highly-available, highly-performant, redundant, scalable distributed systems.
- Write code that is performant, maintainable, clear, and concise.
- Work closely with operations and infrastructure to improve the architecture while building and scaling back-end services.
- Build new features with a focus on testability and extensibility.
Who You Are
- At least 6 years of professional experience as a Software Engineer
- 4+ years of professional experience in a JVM language
- 2+ years of professional experience with Scala a strong plus
- Knowledge of object-oriented and functional programming, reactive and asynchronous design patterns
- Experience in developing high performance, scalable and available web services.
- Knowledge of highly scalable architectures and understanding of the JVM.
- Familiarity with agile methodologies and ticketing systems such as JIRA
- Knowledge of Akka, RabbitMQ, and Redis
- Solid UNIX knowledge.
- Experience building integrations with 3rd party SOAP/REST API providers that can span multiple code sets, fail gracefully and be highly extensible.
- Experience building or managing distributed and/or service-oriented architectures.
- Experience with SaaS platforms or Cloud Computing highly desirable
- Experience with application optimization and architecture.
- Have a demonstrated ability to execute on that last 20%.
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.