Senior Software Engineer
Here at ShipStation, we're passionate about helping online businesses become more productive. We save thousands of merchants hours every day by automating the fulfillment side of their business. We partner with top eCommerce and shipping companies to make a previously complicated and labor-intensive process simple and enjoyable.
We offer competitive compensation, big-company benefits (medical, dental, vision, & a 401(k) plan), all while maintaining the energy, agility, and fun of a start-up. We’re looking for "movers and shakers," people with personality, and those who can take a challenge and run with it.
Position: Senior Software Engineer
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for building rich and interactive web applications that help our customers manage their eCommerce sales.
- Develop, evaluate, update, and maintain ShipStation’s applications
- Own development projects and modules
- Responsible for delivering projects end-to-end on production
- Mentor other engineers on the team by giving technical guidance and code reviews.
Enjoy creative freedom in a start-up environment that embraces new technologies. If you are interested in building cutting-edge SaaS software that is loved by its customers (http://apps.shopify.com/shipstation), take a moment to apply!
You should have:
- Broad knowledge in web-based application development
- 7+ years, deep experience with ASP.NET MVC/WebAPI, C# or comparable stack
- Strong OOP design / architectural instincts
- Unit/Integration testing experience & opinions
- Large system experience
- Strong SQL / T-SQL skills
- Strong Interpersonal Skills - ability to work with people with a variety of skill sets
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or relevant experience.
Would be great to also have experience with:
- AWS (EC2, SQS, ECS, Lambda)
- Messaging (SQS, Kafka, RabbitMQ, MSMQ, etc...)
- Lucene and/or Elasticsearch
- Web standards & accessibility
- Running your own e-commerce business
- 100% paid medical, dental, and life insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase and matching 401k plan
- Flexible vacation and paid holidays
- Stocked kitchen, Beer Friday, and at least one catered lunch per week
- Casual yet energized work environment
- Flexible schedule
ShipStation is an Austin-based software company that is growing tremendously. We help thousands of customers who sell online using Amazon, eBay, Magento, Volusion, BigCommerce, Shopify, Etsy, Squarespace, and over 65 other online marketplaces. Our web-based shipping applications streamlines the order fulfillment process for anyone selling on the Internet.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled