Senior Software Engineer
CLEAR transforms what is uniquely you – your fingerprints, your face, your eyes – into a secure, biometric key to frictionless experiences. We are creating a world where travel is effortless, where accessing your office building is as simple as walking in, and where shopping is as easy as walking in and out of a store—without ever once showing an ID or credit card. CLEAR currently powers secure, frictionless customer experiences in nearly 40 U.S. airports and venues. With over 2 million members so far, CLEAR is the identity platform of the future, today.
CLEAR is looking for a Senior Software Developer to join the Technology team in Austin. In this role, you’ll be responsible for building cutting-edge applications from the ground up for Airports and Sports verticals. These applications will help travelers & sports fan save countless hours by helping them catch their flights & get to their games quicker . We’re looking for someone who is passionate about technology, stays on top of the latest trends within the field, and loves to engage with the developer community.
What You Will Do:
- Develop a brand new microservices based platform from the ground up and develop it with reliability and observability in mind.
- Work on cutting edge tech stack (Java 10, Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka streams)
- Develop applications to be released into production mid week with a zero down time based deployment model
- Be influential in making architectural, design, and technical stack recommendations
- Collaborate with the other members of the engineering team to ensure all services are reliable, maintainable, and well-integrated into our existing platforms
- Adhere to best practices for testing and designing reusable code
- Write automated Unit, Integration and Acceptance tests for each service while maintaining a code coverage of > 90%.
- Develop new, and enhance existing, Java-based web and server-side applications
- Review multiple applications requirements; analyze technical specifications of any new applications/new features of existing applications under deployment or consideration to determine its intended functionality
- Work closely with internal and external teams to ensure that application can access the required data and it is appropriately filtered to comply with platform-specific business rules
Who You Are:
- 8+ years of core Java experience. Java 8 experience, preferred
- Experience with Agile methodologies is highly desirable
- Prefer working knowledge of a wide range of technologies, including: software development methodologies; strong system knowledge of Linux environments; knowledge of Amazon’s AWS ecosystem is desirable
- Curious about technology and believe in constant learning
- Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills, including strong communication skills
- Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests and recommend alternative technical and business approaches
- Entrepreneurial team player who can multitask
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive with flawless execution
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills