Senior Software Engineer
Medici is a mobile healthcare platform that empowers doctors to communicate securely and efficiently with their patients – saving time, money and expediting quality care. We are making a telehealth experience that is truly effortless and accessible. Medici is secure and compliant technology that also allows doctors to accept payment, e-prescribe and much more. We have a vision to change the way doctors and patients interact and improve how healthcare is delivered. We are a global and rapidly growing startup focused on building a culture of innovation, collaboration and leadership in healthcare tech.
We are looking for a software engineer to join our Medici Labs team building tools to power remote care services. You could be working on projects including provider search, ETL tools, proof of concept applications or extending our provider graph network. Our primary tech stack is Elixir/OTP, Postgresql on AWS but we're always choosing the right tool for the job.
An ideal candidate will be someone experienced in building out APIs or data warehouses and have opinions on how best to design, build and scale those services. Great candidates will have experience with Elixir, healthcare and can work well in a small team environment.
What are we looking for?
- You have 4+ years of application development experience.
- You have an ownership mentality and track record of successful high-quality results.
- You identify any ambiguous requirements and provide clarity when needed.
- You've got a Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- You bring a proven understanding and application of computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms and design patterns.
- You have an understanding of systems architecture technologies including Linux and Amazon Web Services.
- You have experience with common software engineering tools such as Git, JIRA, Trello, Confluence or similar.
- You like to build awesome stuff, have fun, and be nice to people along the way.
- You don’t take yourself too seriously but take your work very seriously.