Software Development Engineer in Test
CrowdStrike is the leader in cloud-delivered next-generation endpoint protection, threat intelligence, and pre- and post-incident response services. With the ability to collect and process over 100 billion events a day, CrowdStrike has revolutionized endpoint protection by being the first and only company to unify next-generation antivirus (AV), endpoint detection and response (EDR), and a 24/7 managed hunting service — all delivered via a single lightweight agent. We are one of the World's Most 50 Innovative Companies according to MIT, and one of Forbes Most Promising Companies. Our growth and innovation are driven by incredible employees who deliver unmatched customer success.
We have received a number of exciting awards including:
- October 2018: 100 Best Medium Workplaces Second Year in a Row by Fortune magazine.
- June 2018: Closed over $200 million, led by General Atlantic, Accel and IVP, with participation from March Capital and CapitalG (Google), achieving a valuation of more than $3 billion.
- April 2018: CrowdStrike Wins SC Award for Best Security Company Second Year in a Row.
About the Role
CrowdStrike is looking for an SDET to join our growing cloud team. We're looking for smart people who want to be challenged and take ownership of what they build. Work in an environment where quality is the company culture. Come use cutting edge tools and technologies as well as tried and true ones. Work on: verifying key features and functionality that spans our processing, data and customer facing application layers to ensure it supports millions of events per second, stores terabytes of data and delivers accurate information to the customer.
Success in this role means:
- A love for breaking software systems in creative and useful ways.
- Producing rock solid solutions for all manner of product quality concerns.
- Thriving with responsibility, challenges and aggressive goals.
- Ability to communicate, collaborate and deliver.
- Verify component, system integration and application level features and functionality to ensure our reliability, accuracy and performance reaches our standards for quality.
- Review engineering technical design documents and requirements. Provide plan and strategy about how and where to build in testability
- Increase and improve our automated test coverage.
- Contribute to existing tools, frameworks and related solutions.
- Leverage new open source solutions to build new tools that test things in new ways.
- Improve our delivered product quality across our entire platform and applications.
- Collaborate on determining root cause of production outages and adding quality improvements to prevent outages in the future.
- Ability to create and maintain test infrastructure. Built the frameworks and packages required to implement automation.
- A computer science background or equivalent experience (programming styles, data structures, algorithms, etc.)
- Networking: protocols, distributed systems, layered architectures.
- Web Services: JSON, REST, RPC, XML, AWS EC2 & S3.
- Data storage: RDMBS, NoSQL, and Caching Technologies such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, Cassandra, SQLServer, Redis, and/or MemCache.
- Strong debugging skills: ability to spot design flaws, race conditions and performance bottlenecks in complex architectures.
- Application, OS, Web Browser or hardware compatibility testing.
- Computer and/or network security experience/understanding.
Bonus points awarded for:
- Authored and lead successful open source libraries and projects.
- Contributions to the open source community (GitHub, Stack Overflow, blogging).
- Existing exposure to Go, AWS, Cassandra, Kafka, Elasticsearch, GRPC, Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins.
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Market leader in compensation + stock options
- Competitive vacation policy
- Comprehensive health benefits + 401k plan (US only)
- Paid paternity and maternity leave, including adoption
- Flexible work hours and remote friendly environment
- Wellness programs
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
- Peer recognition
- Inclusive culture focused on people, customers and innovation
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, community service events
CrowdStrike believes that diversity and inclusion among our organization is essential to our success as a global company, and we seek to attract, retain and empower the industry’s best and brightest from a diverse talent pool.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.