Software Development Engineer - UI
Forcepoint is transforming cybersecurity by focusing on what matters most: understanding people’s intent as they interact with critical data and intellectual property wherever it resides. Our uncompromising systems enable companies to empower employees with unobstructed access to confidential data while protecting intellectual property and simplifying compliance. Based in Austin, Texas, Forcepoint supports more than 20,000 organizations worldwide. For more about Forcepoint, visit www.Forcepoint.com and follow us on Twitter at @ForcepointSec.
While Forcepoint has many products, the focus for this position is working on our User & Entity Behavior Analytics (UEBA) product, which is responsible for collecting and analyzing the digital exhaust that users produce (web logs, communications, logins, etc) in order to detect illegal, unwanted, or harmful behavior.
The primary functions of the role are to work in a development capacity alongside designers, product owners, other UI developers to add new features to our existing platform as well as assist in investigating new technologies and prototyping new products.
What you will be doing
You will be part of a team working on new features and improvements to the User Interface. You will work closely with other teams, based in Baltimore, MD and abroad, that are responsible for the back-end services and analytics. If you want some specifics:
- Actively develop new features or improvements to the product
- Provide feedback on product and design requirements
- Take part in reviewing and testing code changes from other team members
- Work closely with the UX Design team on requirements and use cases
- Assist in prototyping new features and/or investigating new technologies
- Remotely interface with the Engineering Leads and Software Developers in other offices who are responsible for the data and analytic back-ends to work out requirements and planning
The ideal candidate should...
- Have strong knowledge of web technologies and concepts (like RESTful APIs, web servers, single sign-on implementations, etc)
- Have experience managing client-side state and knowledge of how to address issues that might arise
- Have a strong work ethic
- Experience working with version control, preferably Git
Some other technologies we use
- Building: Jenkins for CI/CD, npm/yarn/webpack
- Working: JIRA, Confluence, Git, your IDE of choice
- Communicating: Slack, Zoom