About H-E-B H-E-B is one of the largest, independently owned food retailers in the nation operating over 400 stores throughout Texas and Mexico, with annual sales generating over $25 billion.Described by industry experts as a daring innovator and smart competitor, H-E-B has led the way with creative new concepts, outstanding service and a commitment to diversity in our workforce, workplace and marketplace. H-E-B offers a wealth of career opportunities to our 109,000+ Partners (employees), competitive compensation and benefits program and comprehensive training that lead to successful careers.
H-E-B is a leading innovator in technology, and our Information Solutions Partners collaborate to design, construct, implement, and support technology solutions.
As a Manager II Developer, you will provide direction / guidance to assigned Developers, facilitate and improve processes, and ensure delivery of top-quality products.
Once you're eligible, you'll become an Owner in the company, so we're looking for commitment, hard work, and focus on quality and Customer service. 'Partner-owned' means our most important resources--People--drive the innovation, growth, and success that makes H-E-B The Greatest Retailing Company.
Do you have a:
HEART FOR PEOPLE... ability to manage technical processes and still get the best from your Team?
HEAD FOR BUSINESS... understanding of how to lead efforts to match tech upgrades with business goals?
PASSION FOR RESULTS... capability of leading projects and related change initiatives through to completion?
We are looking for:
- a bachelor's degree; 8 years of IT / business experience
- 3 years of management experience
- business acumen
What is the work?
- Sets goals for team Partners.
- Provides frequent feedback to Partners regarding performance and achievement of goals.
- Provides feedback to team Partners regarding requirement performance improvements.
- Writes / delivers mid-year, annual performance reviews.
- Knowledgeable of / follows corporate performance improvement processes.
- Reviews candidate pools, participates in / selects candidates for interviews, and makes hiring decisions for assigned team.
- Meets targeted service level agreements (SLAs) for assigned system
- Applies comprehensive understanding of at least one domain, and fundamental understanding of multiple
- Participates in business strategic sessions
- Provides input to ROI evaluations of potential solutions
- Serves as primary contact for vendors working in support of assigned systems
- Understands implications of vendor roadmaps on H-E-B business plans
- Develops plans and leads work to maintain currency of vendor-supplied systems
- Understands and applies terms of vendor contracts on assigned systems (payment, renewal, termination terms)
- Participates in contract negotiations
- Understands / ensures team-s adherence to IS processes
- Identifies challenges in IS processes; offers potential solutions; contributes to the continuous improvements of IS processes
- Leads execution of technology upgrades to maintain application portfolio currency
- Understands roadmap of tech stack supporting assigned business systems; develops plans to effectively interweave technology upgrades with business deliverables
- Reviews / ensures invoice accuracy and timely payment
- Creates CPRs for approved work in timely fashion
- Participates in long-term IS expense and capital planning
- Ensures capital requests for assigned business area are included in total IS capital plan
- Participates in creation of IS Governance presentation for capital approval discussions
- Utilizes all applicable IS delivery models to accurately deliver agreed-upon work in timely fashion
- Maintains accurate resource plans in standard IS tools
What is your background?
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, business administration, or related field; or comparable work experience
- 8+ years of IT and business work experience with a broad range of exposure to various technical environments and business segments
- 3+ years of management experience
- Bonus points for experience leading a Software Development team
- Bonus points for past experience with Salesforce
Do you have what it takes to be a fit as an H-E-B Manager of Developers?
- Comprehensive knowledge of the IT field
- Leadership, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Ability to work complex issues with senior management, using excellent influencing skills
- Ability to understand business units' drivers for success, and their processes / approaches to business models
- Strong business acumen; creativity