Software Engineer, Copilot Core
The Core team is seeking a strong engineer to help grow and develop Conde Nast’s next generation content platform, Copilot. We’re looking for someone that has a proven track record of shipping products with reliable, maintainable code with a focus on APIs and large-scale backend services.
What is the Copilot Platform?
Copilot Core is the foundational system that powers online experiences for brands such as GQ, Epicurious, and Vanity Fair. At it’s core, it is a high-performance RESTful API to help other engineers build applications utilizing a suite of APIs around 2 functional verticals - content and users. We want to create a platform that enables any modern-day media company to be productive and focus on building applications that matter instead of the mundane.
Why come work with us?
The People. We are a team of 8 engineers that are passionate about the code we write. We love to learn, and likewise want to teach and challenge each other to become better engineers.
The Work. We believe that our job begins when our code hits production. And we gain satisfaction from seeing our APIs used to create experiences by other engineers.
The Code. We are strong believers of “the right tool for the right job.” Our main technologies include Node.js, MongoDB, and Solr, but that doesn’t mean we aren’t open to other technologies.
What are we looking for?
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong sense of building products for other application engineers and experience building platforms for other teams
- Has led a team before and seen projects from ideation through execution and maintenance
- Experience working with, designing, and deploying a RESTful API, experience and knowledge of hypermedia-centric APIs a plus
- Experience mentoring engineers
- Strong data modeling skills (knowledge of domain-driven design preferred)
- Experience with using and/or contributing to FOSS
- Eager to learn about new technologies and implementing these ideas in a production environment
- Experience with e-mail systems, user authentication/authorization, security
What would you be responsible for?
- Designing, implementing, and documenting APIs for use by other engineers
- Leading projects from ideation to execution to maintenance
- Teaching and mentoring other engineers, both internal and external to the team
- Collaborating with your team on new ideas or improving existing ones
- Being included in the on-call rotation for production support
- Helping us grow our engineering team
About Condé Nast:
Condé Nast is a premier media company renowned for producing the highest quality content for the world's most influential audiences. Attracting more than 100 million consumers across its industry-leading print, digital and video brands, the company’s portfolio includes some of the most iconic titles in media: Vogue, Vanity Fair, Glamour, Brides, Self, GQ, GQ Style, The New Yorker, Condé Nast Traveler, Allure, Architectural Digest, Bon Appétit, Epicurious, Wired, W, Golf Digest, Golf World, Teen Vogue, Ars Technica, The Scene, Pitchfork and Backchannel. The company’s newest division, Condé Nast Entertainment, was launched in 2011 to develop film, television and premium digital video programming.
For more information, please visit condenast.com and follow @CondeNast and @CondeNastCareer for Twitter and @condenastcareers for Instagram