Software Engineer II - Ruby
BigCommerce, named a "Best Place to Work" in Austin 2017, is looking for a Software Engineer II for our Billing and Provisioning team!
BigCommerce has established itself as the leading SaaS platform for merchants to build and grow their businesses via online storefronts. The billing team team works across all aspects of the business to provide best-of-breed experiences that empower our merchants, partners and internal staff.
What You’ll Do
You’ll work on one of the most important pieces of any SaaS platform; the back-office systems that manage the full life-cycle of BigCommerce’s services. You’ll jump into this high-performing team where you’ll be able to contribute both in code as well as in product direction, while growing your technical skills alongside seasoned engineers.
- Build highly-available, highly-performant, redundant, scalable, distributed systems
- Write code that is performant, maintainable, clear, and concise
- Work closely with other engineers to decompose our current codebases into services
Who You Are
- At least 2 years of professional experience as a Software Engineer
- At least 1 years of professional experience with Ruby / Ruby on Rails
- Comfortable with full-stack development
- Desire to work in a collaborative, open environment on an Agile team as a contributor and mentor
- Highly proactive and results-oriented with excellent critical thinking skills
- Excited to learn new technologies
- Experience with relational databases and external services integrations (SOAP/REST APIs)
- Experience with ecommerce, distributed queuing systems, SaaS platforms, highly desirable
- Experience working on a credit card or subscription billing system including PCI/DSS security concerns a plus
Our mission is to revolutionize commerce, bringing online selling and features once reserved for multi-billion-dollar companies to the masses. To make that a reality, we need exceptional people to build, support and grow our platform. If that’s you, come join a fast-growing company with more than 85,000 clients, a great culture, outstanding benefits and $125 million in funding from visionary investors like Steve Case's Revolution Partners, Softbank, Amex and Telstra.
We’re a team of smart, passionate and talented people on a mission to democratize commerce. If you’re looking to work with industry leaders and love what you do, we want to hear from you!
Perks & Benefits
- Choice of garage parking or light rail pass for those in downtown Austin office
- An amazing company culture that doesn’t just talk values, but lives them
- Open vacation policy for salaried team members + paid sick time
- Competitive compensation packages and meaningful stock grants for every employee
- Comprehensive health insurance coverage that starts on day one
- Fully stocked kitchens and craft beers (don’t worry, we also subsidized gym memberships)
- Three especially cool offices in Austin, San Francisco and Sydney
- A free online store to help you live out your entrepreneurial dreams
- Employee-driven team building activities like paintball, rock climbing, social sports leagues, hackathons, movie nights, river floats, etc.
- Time off for volunteering and employee-driven charity events