We’re looking for a stellar engineer to help us build our platform CoEFFICIENT. As an engineer at Square Root, you’ll be collaborating with people from different teams while thinking about how people will use what you’re building, so empathy, approachability, and listening are important parts of the job! Working in an agile environment means a willingness to learn and adapt are vital to success. You should be two steps ahead, planning for scaling, thinking about how your code will interact with other systems, and understanding how your work affects the product and our vision. At the end of the day, our software engineers like to solve problems and believe the best work is the result of finding the simplest path when it comes to difficult challenges. Interested? Keep reading!
- You love to code. You understand basic design patterns, data structures, and algorithms.
- You’ve graduated with a 4-year Computer Science degree
- You have 3+ years work experience in software engineering, in both frontend and backend, and you’re willing to pitch in where help is needed.
- You know that tech is dynamic and you have a thirst for learning and understanding current development best practices, trends, and techniques.
- We’re not married to a particular tech or set of tools. Right now we’re using AngularJS, Ruby, REST, Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), so experience in any of those areas would benefit you!
- You’re all about digging into complex problems and don’t hesitate to grab a colleague when the going gets tough.
- You’re a team player. You ask questions, are clear with your expectations, and pitch in wherever you can.
- You’ve got grit and the resilience to push forward, even when things don’t go as planned.
- You have a positive attitude, a sense of humor, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Sound like your kind of gig? Apply now!