Job Description Summary
CCC Drive combines mobility technology and high-powered data and analytics software into a single, revolutionary offering in the usage-based auto insurance (UBI) market. Usage-based insurance means using electronic sensors to measure how a car is driven and setting rates based on those sensor readings. Drive’s offering helps drivers improve their driving and benefit from personalized rates and safe-driver discounts. Recent contract signings are establishing CCC as a leader in telematics and usage of big data and cloud platforms to provide real time driving scoring.
The Software Engineer on the CCC Drive team will be responsible for planning, designing, and developing new Telematics application software and related mobile applications. He or she will analyze, test, and assist with the integration of new applications as well as oversee the documentation of all development activity. The right candidate will assist with tracking performance metrics and integrate knowledge of business and functional priorities. This role is a key contributing role in a complex and crucial environment and may lead teams of developers and mentor new team members.
Design new software and web applications, support applications under development, and customize current applications
- Collaborate with project stakeholders to identify product and technical requirements and conduct analysis to determine integration needs
- Showcase strong technical expertise and leadership throughout the design process and guidance with regards to practices, procedures, and techniques
- Perform design and code reviews in a constructive, collaborative fashion
- Work with Quality Assurance team to determine if applications fit specification and technical requirements
- Assist with defining release criteria and selection of technologies aimed at automating test capacity
- Present and defend architectural, design, and technical choices to internal audiences
- Demonstrate strong capacity and desire to learn on the go and deliver to meet deadlines
B.S in Computer Science and/or equivalent work experience
- 5-7+ years of experience in engineering methodologies, concepts, and skills and their application in the area of specified engineering specialty
- 5-8+ years’ experience in process design and redesign skills
- Extensive experience with scrum / Kanban teams, pair programming, swarming, TDD, BDD and Lean Principles
- Extensive vocabulary of design and architectural patterns and is familiar with the practical application of such
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance
- Experience with JavaSE and JavaEE, Spring Framework, Substantial RDBMS and SQL experience, NoSql experience - desired not mandatory (including both key-value as well as graph-based stores), Rest/SOAP API definition and implementation, Distributed / Cloud computing solutions, Distributed version control system like github (desired not mandatory)
- Experience in full phases of SDLC (software development life-cycle)
Why Choose CCC
We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer generous benefit plans and resources designed with employee satisfaction in mind.
What we value is simple - customers, employee commitment, collaboration and clear communication.
We hire people who will embrace the company’s goals and productively contribute in ways that help us serve the customer, innovate, and stay strong.
We make it a priority to keep employees healthy, happy and enriched.
- Healthy - Wellness programs and Perkspot/employee discount program
- Happy – Recognition programs, a confidential employee assistance program, and flexible work arrangements such as staggered start times
- Enriched – Tuition reimbursement, training and learning programs, and leadership development opportunities
Our corporate headquarters is located in downtown Chicago within the historic Merchandise Mart—a certified LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) building.
CCC Information Services was ranked #17 in the Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago in 2017 by Built In Chicago, an online community for digital technology entrepreneurs in Chicago.