Software Engineering Manager
Software Engineering Managers at RigUp..
- Provide career growth, guidance, mentor-ship and management to 6-12 direct reports
- Unblock your teams to ensure that they have everything necessary to smoothly plan, design, develop, test, debug, and deploy highly-available Marketplace applications on time and within budget
- Participate in code reviews, progress meetings and other engineering benchmarks
- Code in amount that is established by, and comfortable for, you. Typically not critical path.
- Work with the business to break down complex requirements into independent coding tasks and strategies
- Positively impact your team’s work by communicating regularly across the org with management and leadership peers, product, sales, marketing and other departments as necessary
- Foster a continuous improvement and experimentation mind-set
- Hone your team’s skills further through various continuous learning opportunities
We're primarily looking for..
- 8+ years of full-stack or front-end development
- 1-2 years in a team lead or management capacity
- Lead/managed teams of 5-15
- Well rounded knowledge of back-end requirements and modern infra
- Servant-Leader mentality
- High E.Q.
Desired skills and experience include..
- Fast-paced Small to mid-sized company experience
- Ecommerce, marketplace or “____ as a Service” experience
- Experience with React and/or Angular frameworks
- Experience with Ruby on Rails
Our Current Stack..
- React (migrating from AngularJS) and React Native for our web and mobile platforms
- Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL and ElasticSearch on our backend
- Unlimited PTO (that you can actually use)
- 2 Compensation Reviews per year in June and December
- 401k Program with 4% match
- Fully paid health insurance
- Daily catered meals
- Competitive commuter benefits
- Work from home flexibility
- Open office space in the heart of downtown Austin
- Career development opportunities + partial reimbursement for ongoing education
- $2,000 vacation stipend on your 3 year anniversary