Software Sales Engineer
LogicMonitor is the leading SaaS based performance monitoring platform for enterprise IT.
We love going to work and think you should too. We hold our company culture near and dear – it represents an intermix between passion for rock star work output and passion for an active, healthy life centered around family and friends. LogicMonitor represents community, collaboration and camaraderie.
Located in the 500 West 2nd Street tower, our brand-new Austin office is best-in-class! Be inspired with panoramic downtown & Lady Bird Lake views, where snacks are plentiful and team outings are common. Our offices are sprinkled around the globe, too, with our headquarters in Santa Barbara, California and offices in London, Singapore, and Chengdu, China.
What You'll Do:
The mission of the Sales Engineer at LogicMonitor is to support the technical evaluation of LogicMonitor by proving value in the platform to our prospects in the pre-sales process. The Sales Engineer is looked at as a product expert within the sales organization. Sales Engineers have the critical function to train the entire sales organization, both as part of on boarding and regularly on the LogicMonitor product, to ensure the appropriate level of product and technical knowledge.
Here's a closer look at your duties in this key role:
- Perform Sales Engineer duties on trial calls as scheduled by Account Executives. Includes technically understanding prospect needs, technology skill level, and supporting Account Executives with requests to perform technical product demos and perform/assist trial set ups or expansion.
- Trial optimization (proactively adding dashboards, creating sample reports, etc. for all trial prospects).
- Lead technical/product training for new sales personnel on an ongoing basis.
- Day-to-day product/technical support for trial prospects.
- Demonstrates the technical aspects of how the product solves specific customer problems, and translates specific customer problems into technical solutions.
- Identifies all technical issues of assigned accounts to ensure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process.
What You'll Need:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong listening skills are a must.
- 5 years experience in Systems Administrator role or Sales Engineer role.
- Able to articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users.
- Able to establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle.
- Creativity is an asset you bring to your work proven out by your use of critical thinking to solve new problems.
- Educated in technology, computer science. B.S. in technical degree preferred.
- Experience in Linux and or Windows/Network administration and operations including the following technologies desired:
- Virtualization (VMWare, Hyper-V, XenServer, etc…)
- Storage (Netapp, EMC, Nimble, Dell Equallogic, etc…)
- LoadBalancers (f5 bigIP, Netscaler, Barracuda, etc…)
- WMI, PerfMon, JDBC, SNMP, SMTP, JMX
- Webservers (IIS, Apache, Tomcat, etc…)
- Active Directory
- Database (SQL, MySQL, Oracle, etc…)
- Scripting (groovy, powershell, Python, bash, etc...)
- Strong Communicator - Ability to effectively interact as a team member with all levels of team and customers.
- Avid Learner – Our product is always evolving and so your technical knowledge must be too!
- Customer Focused - Dedicated to customer success. Are you motivated by solving tough technical problems?
- Detail Oriented - Ability to perform repetitive detailed technical tests in a high-velocity, constantly busy and demanding environment.
- Team Player - You are a great individual contributor but sales at LM are a team effort.