Sr. Engineering Manager
The Engineering Team is on a mission to build the absolute best software in the local space. We use our data and technology to effectively create and manage local business owners’ digital assets at scale. While our customers are hard at work realizing their passion and dream, our software delivers:.
- A compelling digital experience that matches the authenticity and spirit of that local business to their consumers. We help consumers find their next favorite local business or love the current one even more.
- Data-driven insights about their consumers and their business -- insights they can use to compete with big businesses and thrive.
- A content platform that empowers our content managers to create engaging content while having fun using the tools.
In addition to the top notch engineering talent we have on the team, we also have the best partners -- incredible Product and Design Teams!
What is the opportunity?
As Senior Manager of Engineering, you will…
- Be directly responsible in recruiting and managing top engineering talent
- Work with engineering leaders to define technical roadmap and strategies
- Remove blockers and dependencies so that the engineering team can ship values to customers continuously
- Tirelessly serve and take care of the engineers on your team
Why is it awesome?
- Your work is meaningful: helping local business owners succeed online
- You will have a huge personal impact on the engineering team, our business, and most importantly, our service to local business owners
- You will grow the engineering team
- You will have an opportunity to build data enabled products that bring additional values to our customers
What does it take to succeed?
Basic Vocational Skills
- People management skills – inspire and empower your teams to reach for higher bar
- Team player. Great partner for Product and Design team, and can ask savvy questions in either space to reach the right technical solutions
- Deep appreciation and strong advocate for engineering discipline and the craft of software development
Premium Vocational Skills
- Enthusiasm for local business and a fit with our values.
- A thirst to learn, tenacity to take on hard problems, and the courage to own your responsibilities.
- Great attention to detail, because details matter (if you apply, include the word “purple” somewhere in your resume or cover letter)
- An unselfish, team-first attitude.
- Strong work ethic.
- Embrace and thrive in high paced, lean startup cultures – we insist on saying NO to big corporate mentality
- Mission-driven, values-based culture
- Competitive pay and eligibility for stock options
- Unlimited time off, plus company holidays
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision option
- Paid parental leave
- 401(k) match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program