Sr. Software Configuration Management Engineer
Forcepoint is transforming cybersecurity by focusing on what matters most: understanding people’s intent as they interact with critical data and intellectual property wherever it resides. Our uncompromising systems enable companies to empower employees with unobstructed access to confidential data while protecting intellectual property and simplifying compliance. Based in Austin, Texas, Forcepoint supports more than 20,000 organizations worldwide. For more about Forcepoint, visit www.Forcepoint.com and follow us on Twitter at @ForcepointSec.
- Develop and maintain the automated build, test and deployment processes for multiple development teams on Windows, Mac and Linux.
- Implement CI/CD pipeline for both new and existing endpoint products according to best practices.
- Implement SCM strategies and ensure reproducibility, traceability and dependency management for all artifacts
- Deliver a full suite of code coverage metrics
- Document and communicate the processes to other teams
- Implement and administer tools in support of development operations
Education and Experience
- 5+ years Configuration Management or build management experience.
- Experience designing and implementing CI/CD system for cross platform build and test
- Experience shipping an endpoint application/agent to 1 million or more users using a CI/CD system
- Strong understanding of best practices for Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery
- Experience with build and test automation tools such as Jenkins, Ansible, and Terraform
- Experience with VMware and other virtualization tools
- Experience with Source Control Management tools (Git and Perforce)
- Experience with defect/work tracking tools (Jira preferred)
- Experience with scripting technologies (Python, Bash, Perl, etc.)
- Able to solve complex problems and research difficult issues independently.
- Works well with remote teams.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Able to be an effective change agent.
- Provides self-direction in response to changes to requirements and specifications.
- Performs duties with little supervision, takes initiative to expose issues to supervisor.
- Follows the departmental and project-specific development standards and processes.