Sr. Software Developer
CrowdStrike is the leader in cloud-delivered next-generation endpoint protection, threat intelligence, and pre- and post-incident response services. With the ability to collect and process over 200 billion events a day, CrowdStrike has revolutionized endpoint protection by being the first and only company to unify next-generation antivirus (AV), endpoint detection and response (EDR), and a 24/7 managed hunting service — all delivered via a single lightweight agent. We are one of the World's Most 50 Innovative Companies according to MIT, and one of Forbes Most Promising Companies. Our growth and innovation are driven by incredible employees who deliver unmatched customer success.
We have received a number of exciting awards including:
- October 2018: 100 Best Medium Workplaces Second Year in a Row by Fortune magazine.
- June 2018: Closed over $200 million, led by General Atlantic, Accel and IVP, with participation from March Capital and CapitalG (Google), achieving a valuation of more than $3 billion.
- April 2018: CrowdStrike Wins SC Award for Best Security Company Second Year in a Row.
About the Role
CrowdStrike is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our growing Engine and Content Development (ECD) team, with a focus on cloud-side development. We're looking for smart people who want to be challenged and take ownership of what they build. ECD is involved across the entire product line and you’ll work closely with other groups across the company.
As a senior engineer in the ECD team, you’ll help ensure that our cloud environment does its job in protecting customers from breaches. Today, that means supporting millions of events per second, and storing and reasoning over terabytes of data. We’re not slowing down, and tomorrow’s challenges will be even bigger. You’ll be thinking about how to build high-quality systems that scale cleanly and reliably, and then implementing those ideas primarily in Go (and also some Python). Prior experience with Go is not required, but will be helpful.
- Leverage and build cloud based systems to detect targeted attacks and automate cyber threat intelligence production at a global scale.
- Brainstorm, define, and build collaboratively with members across multiple teams.
- Build elegant solutions for complex technical problems in Go.
- Need to read code in the multiple programming languages in use in our environment (Go, Scala, C++, Python, swift, unix shell, among others).
- Obsess about learning, and champion the newest technologies & tricks with others, raising the technical IQ of the team.
- Deliver and accept feedback with grace and courtesy.
- Leverage your understanding of engineering best practices, including topics like appropriate testing paradigms, effective peer code reviews, logging, and resilient architecture patterns, to ensure that our code is clean.
- Constantly re-evaluate our product to improve architecture, knowledge models, user experience, performance, latency, and stability.
- Be an energetic ‘self-starter’ with the ability to take ownership and be accountable for deliverables, both individually and when leading a team.
- A computer science background or equivalent experience (programming styles, data structures, algorithms, distributed systems, etc.)
- 5+ years of experience building and scaling back-end systems in production.
- Team player skills – we embrace collaborating as a team as much as possible.
- Deep understanding of distributed systems and scalability challenges.
- Prior experience with any of: Go, Scala, Python, Java, C#, or C++
- Experience developing and deploying into linux.
- Computer and/or network security experience.
- Prior implementation experience with Go, Scala, and Python.
- Prior experience working within scalable microservices architectures.
- Prior experience with cloud services, such as AWS or Azure, particularly compute and storage offerings.
- Prior experience with containerization and container orchestration technology such as docker and kubernetes.
- Prior exposure to Cassandra, Kafka, Elasticsearch, Redis, and/or Hadoop.
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Market leader in compensation + stock options
- Competitive vacation policy
- Comprehensive health benefits + 401k plan (US only)
- Paid paternity and maternity leave, including adoption
- Flexible work hours and remote friendly environment
- Wellness programs
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
- Peer recognition
- Inclusive culture focused on people, customers and innovation
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, community service events
CrowdStrike believes that diversity and inclusion among our organization is essential to our success as a global company, and we seek to attract, retain and empower the industry’s best and brightest from a diverse talent pool.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.