Sr. Software Engineer - Linux
CrowdStrike is a computer security company that was founded on the principle that effective computer security cannot be achieved without understanding the goals, tactics, and techniques used by determined attackers who can be expected to purposefully and repeatedly pursue their objectives to the detriment of our customers.
CrowdStrike Falcon Host is a two-component security product. One component is a “sensor”, which is a driver installed on client machines that observes system activity and recognizes malicious behavior, then provides on-box prevention capability and remote telemetry to the Falcon Host cloud. The cloud component aggregates sensor telemetry for each customer’s network, can correlate malicious behavior across multiple machines, and presents our customers’ operations teams with a prioritized summary of the threats detected in their environments.
The sensor development team is responsible for building a small kernel level sensor which deploys on multiple platforms including Windows, Mac, and Linux. Developers are expected to own design and development of core features on the platform. Features will cross cut most core OS subsystems such as file system, memory and process, and networking. Many features are also built in a way that they will have shared components across multiple platforms. The team operates under the Agile development principles and ships frequently.
- Design and develop software with cross platform deliverables (Windows, Mac, Linux) including server and desktop.
- Own features from design to delivery including participation in product demo at the end of the sprint.
- Collaborate with multi functional team in various physical locations.
- Troubleshoot issues with the product as reported from Support or Test.
- Other projects as assigned.
- Can produce high quality software and can demonstrate that capability, be it through job experience, schoolwork, or contributions to community projects.
- Experience working on a team to ship major features and releases.
- Able to communicate, collaborate, and work effectively in a distributed team.
- Low-level OS knowledge in either Windows, Mac OS or Linux
- Flexible with working in user and kernel space and on multiple platforms, learning new areas as required.
- Solid experience developing in C/C++
- Low-level (e.g. driver, kernel, firmware) experience
- Strong background in kernel development on any of the platforms, with an interest in growing skills in other platforms.
- Familiarity and experience with Agile process
- OS system expertise for core concepts and subsystems
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.