Staff Software Engineer (iOS)
What if you could use your technology skills to develop a product that impacts the way communities’ hospitals, homes, sports stadiums, and schools across the world are built? Construction impacts the lives of nearly everyone in the world, and yet it’s also one of the world’s least digitized industries, not to mention one of the most dangerous. That’s why we’re looking for a talented Staff iOS Engineer to join us on our journey to revolutionize a historically underserved industry.
As a Staff iOS Engineer at Procore, you’re given the unique opportunity to partner intimately with our customer base, translating their fundamental needs into technological SaaS solutions. Backed by the might of our teams, we’ll provide you with the tools and resources needed to achieve extraordinary results that render a significant impact extending beyond the boundaries of traditional engineering roles.
This position is based in our Austin, TX offices located at the heart of downtown. We’re looking for someone to join our team immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Enable your teams to deliver complex projects at speed with high quality bar
- Because of your widely respected proficiency in your technical area, you will be viewed as the go-to expert
- Help set the standards for your teams, providing technical and procedural advice and decision-making
- Use a customer-centric approach to lead architectural design decisions
- Develop fellow teammates by conducting code reviews, providing mentorship, pairing, and training opportunities
- Have a significant impact that extends beyond the boundaries of your team, on projects impacting scalability, performance and new value delivery
- Identify big technological issues and opportunities in you area of responsibility, and organize your teams to solve these issues
What we're looking for:
- 7+ years of Engineering Experience (5+ years of experience building iOS applications using Swift and Objective-C and 2 years spent in an Object Oriented Program and/or Functional Programming role)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Broad and deep understanding of iOS’s architectural components (CoreData, UIKit, etc.) and the MVC architecture, experience with MVVM is a plus
- Proven ability to develop and ship complex high quality software products
- Understanding of multi-threading, concurrent programming, memory management, and/or performance optimization
- Proven working knowledge of software engineering techniques, methodologies, and practices
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to work closely with others both within and adjacent to the existing team
- Strong product and customer focus
- Experience leading large initiatives with the ability to course correct as needed
- Ability to consistently evaluate current technical approaches to continue to be industry best-of-class
- Experience working with RESTful APIs using XML and JSON
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, housing complexes, and more. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, flexible paid time off (Procore Values Time), employee enrichment and development programs, and volunteer days.