Staff Software Engineer - Security
Who You Are
- You have a Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent STEM field, or equivalent work experience.
- You have 7+ years professional experience in software development.
- You have an interest or experience in information security and risk management.
- You are using Kubernetes with GCP or AWS.
- You maintain a strong desire to learn new technologies and methods, staying up to date on modern frameworks, libraries, platforms, and attacks.
- You bring a deep understanding and application of computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, and design patterns.
- You display a passion for automation and a deep curiosity for how things work. You enjoy coding and insist on infrastructure-as-code.
- You are knowledgeable on core concepts of Security, such as Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability.
- You are able to quickly apply security fundamentals to unfamiliar problem domains
- You understand that bad things can happen on the internet, and you are driven to detect, prevent, and mitigate cybersecurity issues.
- You are experienced in handling sensitive information and understand HIPAA compliance and how it applies to privacy and security.
- Security certifications such as CISSP, CCSP, or GIAC are preferred.
- You identify ambiguous requirements and provide clarity when needed.
- You are skilled in building consensus with a team to get everyone committed to delivering a larger vision than they could execute on their own.
What You'll Do
- You will be a crucial part of the RetailMeNot InfoSec team - bridging the gap between application developers, other security professionals, and infrastructure teams.
- You will keep a high degree of flexibility to work on security challenges as well as software development, in addition to other tasks that arise. You mentor other team members in order to consistently deliver quality solutions.
- You will develop and maintain code and infrastructure to facilitate auditing resources and applications deployed in Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Google Cloud Platform (GCP), as well as other services.
- You will recommend technologies and tools that best fit the team and organization. You will have the initiative to learn about and use recommendations provided by others.
- You will advocate to continually improve quality and engineering practices, and create proposals for new standards for Engineering.
- You will maturely assess and communicate severity of security issues that our team encounters, understanding that prioritization of fixes can take time and have opportunity cost associated with the work.
Who We Are
- We have an open environment where engineers are given a lot of responsibility and the freedom to make a huge impact.
- We have lots of intelligent people to work with and learn from.
- We work on large scale challenges with a variety of technologies and believe in an ever‐ growing diversity of technology platforms.
- We'll provide you with food, food, and more food.
- We believe in giving prizes, bonuses, and recognition for doing what you enjoy. We have a phenomenal open vacation policy.
- We provide cell phone and fitness reimbursements (plus free parking downtown).
- We use the newest service offerings of public cloud providers, as well as important open source technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.