Staff Software Engineer
HomeAway is looking for a talented senior engineer to join our Payments team and build the next generation of HomeAway's secure payment platform which handles billions of transactions for HomeAway. Our PCI compliant platform executes billions of dollars worth of transactions and represents a 24x7 mission critical suite of services. With your skillful contributions, we will continue to expand our payment options, make our applications scalable, reliable and build out a world-class payments infrastructure.
As a member of the Payments team, you will be working on state of the art on payments technology and leading-edge payment methods for the vacation rental marketplace. Your contributions will HomeAway to securely take payments in multiple payment methods and currencies from across the globe. This directly affects HomeAway’s goal to have 100% on-line bookable inventory and make the rental of a vacation home a better end to end experience than a hotel.
What you’ll do:
- Our Ideal Candidate will:
- Write code! This role requires a highly skilled software engineer who is comfortable in an agile environment.
- Constantly improve the systems by vigilantly rewriting, refactoring, and perfecting code.
- Huge enthusiasm in learning new stack or platform when the requirement demands.
- Own new features from design to production release.
- Improve the systems with your innovative solutions.
- Results oriented self-managed individual - proven track record of delivering on your estimates with minimal oversight.
- Find creative solutions to challenging problems.
- Be able to develop scalable, tested, and reliable applications.
- Have practical experience delivering production applications in a distributed SOA environment.
- Develop quality software using industry best practices in all aspects of the software development process.
- Conduct peer code reviews and is a resource for junior developers.
- Be able to build appropriate tests to test, track and maintain the quality of the system with the automated test suites in the CICD pipelines.
- Participate in resolution of production issues and lead efforts toward solutions both internally and across the organization.
- Be able to work with product management, cross-development-teams, customer services, and operations to resolve issues in an agile environment.
- Maintain and grow a performant production environment in a way that makes the system increasingly maintainable, reliable and monitored.
- Create and maintain quality software using best of breed tools like Git, Splunk, New Relic, Sonar, and TeamCity.
- Ready to work to improve the services & clients experience.
Who you are:
- Preferred Qualifications:
- 10+ years of professional software development experience (Java, Spring, REST, Git, Python, JUnit, TestNG, MyBatis, Jersey, jetty, JMX, etc.).
- 5+ years of experience in AWS Cloud stack or equivalent, Kafka etc.,
- Having Payments & E-Commerce experience is a plus
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Technical leadership experience.
- Strong knowledge of Security domain including Security Filters and common Encryption Technologies.
- Deep knowledge of web services standards and related technologies (XML, SOAP, REST)
- Knowledge and experience in production server side development in Java.
- Experience with relational databases (SQL Server, Oracle, Mysql, etc.).
- Comprehension of HTTP, ReST, and web services.
- Strong software development skills (configuration management, issue tracking, estimation, Agile/Scrum).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility).
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. HomeAway is part of the Expedia Group family of brands.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.