Staff Software Engineer
HomeAway’s Integrated Rates Services team is looking for talented software engineers wanting to get involved in one of the most important and complex spaces in all of HomeAway. Our goal is to build out a world-class team of engineers, focused on developing customer centric pricing solutions for partners on the HomeAway marketplace. Together, building the future of HomeAway by solving complex business ideas with state of the art technology.
We are a services team, creating and maintaining large distributed systems globally at scale. As a member of the team, you will be at the forefront of our business strategy, building services that support industry pricing strategies that continue to expand our global marketplace. If you are customer centric, open-minded engineer that enjoys working in a data-driven agile environment, this is the job for you!
What You'll Do:
As a technology leader, you will be working closely with our counterparts in business to design solutions to enable property owners to optimize their revenue. As a team, we will build highly performant services capable of pricing billions of properties an hour in near real time.
- Develop fast, scalable, highly available, and reliable services that price millions of rental properties
- Develop features that will drive our business to be the leading global marketplace for travelers and property managers.
Technologies we use:
Java, Elasticsearch, Cassandra, Mongo DB, S3, AWS, Lambdas, Docker, Dropwizard, Kafka, New Relic, Datadog, Terraform, Jenkins.
Who You Are:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of professional, post-college, software development experience with Java.
- You have excellent communication skills with the ability to work well across multiple departments.
- Commit to vigilantly rewriting, refactoring, and perfecting code.
- Deploy to production daily using CI/CD, test services and feature flags.
- Dedicated to delivering tested and optimized high-performance code for a distributed SOA environment.
- Develop quality scalable, tested and reliable applications using industry best practices
- Work with product management and operations in an agile environment.
- Create and maintain quality software using best-in-class tools: Git, Splunk, New Relic, Datadog, Sonar and Jenkins.
- Participate in resolution of production issues and lead efforts toward solutions
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility).
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
Why Join Us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.