Location: Austin, TX
OutboundEngine is looking for a Sustaining Engineer for the OutboundEngine applications.
In this role, you are responsible for increasing the quality of OutboundEngine products and developing solutions to customer reported issues. You are responsible for writing quality code in addition to debugging complex problems. You will work closely with the broader Engineering team, as well as Customer Success, and also occasionally communicate directly with customers. We’re looking for candidates with a strong work ethic who can work with a team of very experienced Software Engineers and Testers. Lack of experience in a particular technology/platform is not a showstopper as long as there is a skill of immediate usefulness, as well as a commitment to continual learning.
OutboundEngine is one of the fastest growing tech startup companies in the nation, ranked number 95 by Inc. Magazine. We are based out of Austin, Texas, where we have been named a "Best Place to Work" winner for the last four years by the Austin Business Journal. Since 2012, OutboundEngine has helped over 10,000+ business owners market themselves by doing it for them. We create original content for our clients, automate their email campaigns, update their social media profiles, surface their best leads and ultimately help them drive repeat and referral business.
- Implement fixes and small features across our platform that address customers issues or improve supportability
- Work with Support, Product, and Project Mgmt to scope and plan patches and maintenance releases
- Debug and triage complex problems found by customers or by our own engineering teams
- Show leadership and be an advocate for our customers within engineering
- 3+ years professional experience in developing enterprise software, preferably in a Java/J2EE environment, and demonstrated fluency in Java
- Proven experience developing/designing Java
- Proven experience with SQL and one or more database platforms (SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, DB2, etc.)
- Experience using front-end technologies such as JSF, ExtJS, Dojo, AngularJS, Bootstrap, jQuery, AJAX, and other J2EE technologies
- Experience in the development and integration of REST-based web services utilizing XML and/or JSON data representations
- Experience with various operating systems (Windows Server, Linux, AIX, Solaris, etc.)
- Experience with one or more web application servers (WebLogic, WebSphere, JBoss, Tomcat, etc.)
- Experience with one or more revision control systems (Git, Subversion, Perforce, CVS, etc.)
- Experience in the development and maintenance of unit tests using a testing framework, such as TestNG and JUnit, is highly desirable
- Proven ability to work with other software development engineers for problem reproduction and resolution
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Experience with the monitoring/management/deployment of said products is highly desirable
- Experience with cloud platforms, such as AWS and Azure, is highly desirable
What’s in it for you
- Competitive guaranteed base salary.
- 100% Paid Insurance (medical, dental, vision, life and disability).
- Unlimited PTO.
- Company-paid downtown parking or metro pass.
- Stocked kitchen with snacks, beverages and catered lunches.
- Casual dress.
- An awesome work environment and positive work culture, which celebrates employees success!
- Company events, such as private concerts, happy hours, team outings, holiday parties and more.