System Administrator - DevOps/SRE
Amherst is a technology company with over twenty years of success developing and optimizing data analytics platforms for the real estate market. Having honed a unique analytical approach across residential real estate, commercial real estate, and fixed income, our platform powers various real estate business strategies including mortgage securitizations, asset management, and a single-family buy-to-rent. Our data, technology and risk-management solutions provide our clients an edge in navigating today’s real estate markets.
The System Administrator is responsible for maintaining the quality, stability and performance of Amherst’s application environments. This role works closely with Development and IT teams to ensure best practices are maintained for building, deploying, and supporting the company’s in-house applications and software. The System Administrator works to automate application deployment and maintenance tasks, and works closely with the Development team to understand application requirements. Successful candidates will be able to gather requirements, develop technology processes, and implement automation to ensure processes are applied consistently and efficiently.
- Create scripts for automating deployments and tasks.
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues in production environments.
- Manage deployment of data and SQL scripts to database servers.
- Manage Development, Integration and Test application environments.
- Co-ordinate go-live planning, execute deployment and release activities.
- Implement and improve release management tools and processes.
- Design, implement, and maintain highly-available application environments.
- Maintain a consistent release process in a dynamic business environment.
- Maintain documentation while working independently
- PowerShell scripting and automation
- Microsoft SQL
- Microsoft IIS
- .NET Applications
Additional Skills and Experience (Preferred, but Not Required)
- .NET Development
- AWS/Azure Automation
- CI and Deployment tools (TeamCity, Octopus)
What we offer:
Amherst is a privately held corporation located in West Austin with beautiful views of Lake Austin and the loop 360 bridge in a modern workspace with open floor plans.
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k
- Flexible PTO, 8 paid holidays
- Employer paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, flex spending account)
- Professional career development and reimbursement
- On-premise fitness center, locker rooms
- Daily catered lunches, fully stocked kitchen with snacks/drinks
- Relaxed casual environment and weekly/quarterly office events!