Systems Engineer - Production
CrowdStrike is the leader in cloud-delivered next-generation endpoint protection, threat intelligence, and pre- and post-incident response services. With the ability to collect and process over 100 billion events a day, CrowdStrike has revolutionized endpoint protection by being the first and only company to unify next-generation antivirus (AV), endpoint detection and response (EDR), and a 24/7 managed hunting service — all delivered via a single lightweight agent. We are one of the World's Most 50 Innovative Companies according to MIT, and one of Forbes Most Promising Companies. Our growth and innovation are driven by incredible employees who deliver unmatched customer success.
We have received a number of exciting awards including:
- October 2018: 100 Best Medium Workplaces Second Year in a Row by Fortune magazine.
- June 2018: Closed over $200 million, led by General Atlantic, Accel and IVP, with participation from March Capital and CapitalG (Google), achieving a valuation of more than $3 billion.
- April 2018: CrowdStrike Wins SC Award for Best Security Company Second Year in a Row.
About the Role
- Expertise with Linux engineering and administration for thousands of bare metal and virtual machines.
- Expertise with virtualization administration, preferably VMWare 6+ in a clustered environment.
- Monitoring, maintenance, and operation of a production environment.
- Troubleshoot server hardware issues.
- Automate common tasks, deploy with an IaaS model, utilize chef or similar.
- On-call rotation with other team members, subject matter expertise in private cloud.
- Familiarity with public cloud and cloud administration concepts.
- 5+ years of experience working in a large scale production environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- 2-3 business related trips per year for group meetings
- Must work effectively and professionally with cross-functional groups across divisions, worldwide, as part of a team.
- Must be able to work with a distributed team in multiple time zone.
- Must exhibit meticulous attention to detail, and have the ability to make good, timely decisions.
- Demonstrate self-learning capabilities, taking initiative in a fast pace/quickly changing environment.
- Chef experience a plus
- Python experience a plus
- Experience with threat intelligence and mobile technology a plus.
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Market leader in compensation and equity awards
- Competitive vacation policy
- Comprehensive health benefits + 401k plan
- Paid paternity and maternity leave, including adoption
- Flexible work hours and remote friendly environment
- Wellness programs
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
- Peer recognition
- Inclusive culture focused on people, customers and innovation
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, community service events
CrowdStrike believes that diversity and inclusion among our organization is essential to our success as a global company, and we seek to attract, retain and empower the industry’s best and brightest from a diverse talent pool.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.