Technical Account Manager
Lithium offers a great working environment and competitive compensation and benefits packages. We're looking for fast-thinking, innovative, passionate team players who enjoy brainstorming new ideas, working with the best and brightest in the social media software industry.
At Lithium we encourage our employees to be real. In keeping with this philosophy, we appreciate diversity and welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, genetic information or criminal history.
Technical Account Manager
If you want to accelerate your learning and career growth in a forward looking company, stop thinking about doing the same thing over and over again. Instead, think about the impact you could be having above and beyond your current role.
Who are we looking for?
If you’re interested in being part of an amazing team that is a customer satisfaction leader and is working towards being one of the top global software support organizations, here’s where you’ll be able to make a difference:
- Be the named technical contact for our marquee and strategic customers that have elected for our Platinum support services.
- Build a trust relationship with experienced resources to ensure successful long term engagement with Lithium, driving their adoption, comprehension, and utilization of our product suite.
- Facilitate and lead actions with internal teams while maintaining consistent communication with customers as we move their cases toward resolution.
- Prepare and deliver support metrics reporting as part of ongoing status reviews to provide customers with a holistic view of their current and past cases.
- Work with product management, engineering, sales, professional services, customer success and other teams to ensure customer loyalty and long term usage of the platform.
- Participate in issue triage and, through your product expertise, assist in resolving customer reported defects and questions. You will perform advanced troubleshooting and log analysis as you collaborate with customers to develop solutions and answer inquiries.
- Sustain our 97%+ customer satisfaction rating by providing phenomenal, personalized support to our great customers.
- Elevate the “typical” support analyst role to a complex technical software account management role.
We need an experienced Jack or Jill of all trades who understands various web technologies, data storage systems, and software tools and is ready to roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty, but also one that understands the value of relationship building and engagement. Most importantly, we want someone with the ability to manage customer expectations, to understand their business objectives, and to think through a problem critically in order to develop practical solutions whether technical or otherwise. We succeed when our customers renew, so your customer service ability makes a huge difference. If you’re able to pull this all off, you’ll help us meet our goal of rising to the gold standard.
Our teams are distributed across the globe, so being able to communicate online via text is crucial. The primary focus for this role will be customers who primarily operate during the US business hours. Our offices are located in Austin, TX with onsite employees working from the office average of 3 days a week. That said, a great candidate who can serve customers during their hours of operation won’t be turned down regardless of where he or she is located.
This customer will be primarily serving East coast customers, so will need to work East Coast hours.
This position has 24/7 on-call rotation responsibilities, so please be aware of this prior to applying.
What’s your day look like?
As a TAM, you are the customer’s single point of contact for issues beyond our support email address! This business critical role pays attention to between 12 and 20 customers, depending on size, to ensure that they are taken care of on a daily basis. Spending upwards of an hour on a conference call with one of your customers is not unheard of while digging deep into a technical problem with a support specialist is also fairly standard.
As a full-time team member, the focus is on ensuring the customer’s success along with their continued adoption of the product. Your arsenal will include using industry standard tools and applications, internal and external web outlets, and your own troubleshooting background along with your understanding of the customer’s business goals and direction.
You will work closely with other teams at Lithium such as Level 1 / Front-Line Support, Custom Operations (Level 3 Support), Engineering, Professional Services, Sales, Customer Success and other teams as necessary to ensure customer satisfaction and move issues towards a swift resolution.
Desired Qualities & Skills
If you can accomplish the above, you’ve got what it takes. Our TAMs will step between a typical technical support role and a highly strategic partner for the customers. Of all of our teams within support and operations, the TAMs spend the most time on the phone with customers so a willingness to pick up the phone and make that call is a must have. Our team members need to have an attitude and personality that makes them suited to work with people (our customers and their co-workers!) and make those people happy.
The Technical Account Manager role is experienced technically and is responsible for the overall success of their customers. In today’s ever-changing social landscape, we need someone who’s up-to-date on the latest and greatest web tools and platforms. To do so, we use Web 2.0 architecture, REST APIs, JSON, XML, relational databases and networking in our day to day lives. This means a proficiency with programming, script languages, and relational databases is definitely experience that’s needed to succeed. If your background includes a strong social web interest, that’s a serious plus!
Skills & Requirements
Expected “Preferred Skills” List
To help you out in figuring out what we’re looking for, here are some examples of the skills our current team has (or could use). Not having all the skill sets will not discount you from consideration as we are looking to round out our team effectively! These are simply plusses and should be showcased.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- Technical or support certifications such as HDI, ITIL, MCSA: SQL or Oracle SQL Expert
- 5+ years of experience in customer and/or technical support roles, ideally analyzing and supporting web applications
- 2+ years of experience working with customers, managing relationships and setting customer expectations
- Previous demonstrated experience in a few of the following technical domains:
- Web 2.0 architecture and solutions
- JSON and XML data solutions
- REST API
- J2EE (Java, JSP, Servlets)
- Relational databases (Oracle, MySQL)
- Networking (TCP/IP, SSL, HTTP, etc.)
- Lucene query syntax and Regular Expressions
- Expertise in supporting complex Enterprise software solutions (ERP, CRM, etc) instead of more typical technical support. We don’t follow a script here!
- Experience as a senior Customer Service Technical Support Specialist, Technical Analyst, Technical Account Manager or other customer focused technical function
- Familiar with the latest and greatest social channels (forums, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
- Ability to type 30+ WPM and multi-task effectively while working on customer issues
- Willingness to travel occasionally when the need arises (<10%)
- Multilingual capability
- Experience with Lithium applications
- Experience with moderation and/or management of online social platforms
- Experience with any (or all) of the following tools: #slack, JIRA, Salesforce.com, Confluence, etc.
Why you should join our team
With a 98%+ customer satisfaction, a team that’s been described as “legends”, “driven” and “dedicated”, we’re looking for someone who really wants to make a difference. The team is hoping to find someone who is energized by social media, customer support, and solving complex challenges. We’re open, transparent and hardworking. Our culture is as exciting as our products, we’ve been ranked as one of Glassdoor’s Best Place to Work. Come check us out!
Lithium Technologies helps leading companies use social media to engage customers and drive business results. We create vibrant social communities across websites, Facebook, and the broader social web that increase sales, reduce service costs, and accelerate innovation.
This is a great opportunity to join one of the hottest companies in B2B social media. We have strong traction with the world’s leading brands, we are experiencing rapid growth, and we are recognized as a leader by top analyst firms, including Gartner and Forrester.
The world's most innovative companies such as AT&T, Cisco, Best Buy, Sephora, Comcast, Skype, and HP use Lithium to engage their customers in breathtaking new ways (literally, breathtaking). They're increasing revenue, reducing expenses, and strengthening their brands. And most importantly, they're building a lasting competitive asset—a brand nation—with their customers.