Technical Lead Web Application Developer
In this role, you will be providing technical leadership on many of our new SaaS HotSchedules Clarifi web applications, which is built using microservice architecture, React, Node.js, Responsive Web Design, and JVM technologies/languages. You will work on the HotSchedules Clarifi web applications hands-on. You must enjoy designing and implementing highly scalable and highly available systems. You will be collaborating with multiple engineering teams, the product management team, and the design team to make sure our products are intuitive and easy to use.
If you love solving big problems at scale, building best-in-class user experience and web applications, coaching/mentoring engineers, keeping up with latest technologies, and have a deep desire to directly impact the future growth of a company, then this is the right job for you.
- Participate in the technical design, development, testing, implementation, and maintenance of web application enhancements to deliver compelling user experiences.
- Collaborate with Product Management, UX, and Engineering to ensure we develop the best-in-class solutions for market needs.
- Provide architectural oversight and technical leadership to the teams to deliver high-quality software.
- Develop department-wide technical perspectives, standards, solutions, and strategies that resolve significant product or organizational pain-points.
- Provide mentorship to engineers including technical oversight to our offshore teams and ensuring we are building solid applications.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years of web/software development.
- Superior user interface skills with strong technical knowledge in current web trends
- Great communication skills are a must-have. You are a technical leader and partner across the organization.
- Ability to work in an agile development lifecycle and a continuous delivery model
- 5+ Years of Responsive Web Design (RWD)
- Extensive frontend experience in technologies React(preferable) and/or Angular coupled with Node.js..
- Extensive experience using and designing RESTful APIs.
- Experience with JVM technologies/languages.
- Experience using GIT based version control systems
- Experience testing your code (QUnit, Mocha, Jasmine, etc.)
- Experience with build automation toolchain (Grunt, Gulp, etc)
- Experience with microservices and building Multi-Tenant SaaS applications
- Experience with hosting applications on Amazon AWS.
- Experience with MongoDB
Who we are:
HotSchedules - Hospitality Unbound
HotSchedules provides the most trusted platform for empowering people and increasing their effectiveness as they serve others.
Our Mission: We empower service-based organizations to master their operations, engage their teams and recapture work-life balance.
Our Vision: Make the world a better place by spreading hospitality across the globe.
- Hospitality - We go beyond the expected to provide unparalleled experiences and help our customers do the same.
- Empathy - We started in a restaurant. Service of others - both externally and internally - is in our blood.
- Innovation - We never give up seeking creative ways to solve tough problems.
- Community - We believe in the power of the communities we create and serve, our community of team members and in giving back to the communities we live in.
- Fun - This isn’t just a job; it’s a calling, and we love it!
- Accountability - We do what we say we’re going to do. If something happens to prevent that, we determine the new course and communicate quickly.