Telematics Python Engineer
Job Description Summary
CCC Drive combines mobility technology and high-powered data and analytics software into a single, revolutionary offering in the usage-based auto insurance (UBI) market. Usage-based insurance means using electronic sensors to measure how a car is driven and setting rates based on those sensor readings. Drive’s offering helps drivers improve their driving and benefit from personalized rates and safe-driver discounts. Recent contract signings are establishing CCC as a leader in telematics and usage of big data and cloud platforms to provide real time driving scoring.
The Software Engineer on the CCC Drive team will be responsible for planning, designing, and developing new Telematics application software and related mobile applications. He or she will analyze, test, and assist with the integration of new applications as well as oversee the documentation of all development activity. The right candidate will assist with tracking performance metrics and integrate knowledge of business and functional priorities. This role is a key contributing role in a complex and crucial environment and may lead teams of developers and mentor new team members.
- On time delivery of high-quality software products
- Development, testing, and documentation of software products
- Collaborate with product stakeholders to identify functional and non-functional requirements
- Showcase strong technical expertise and leadership throughout the delivery process and provide guidance with regards to best practices, procedures, and techniques
- Participate in open, frank discussions, especially in technical matters, while giving and accepting feedback and constructive criticism
- Work with Quality Assurance and Product Owner teams to ensure that software products meet functional and non-functional requirements
- Present and defend architectural, design, and technical choices to internal audiences
- Resolve production defects and issues
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Mathematics or related work experience
- 5-7+ years of experience in software development
- Extensive experience in transforming written requirements into working software
- Extensive experience in unit testing, unit testing frameworks, and unit testing methodologies
- Extensive knowledge in behavioral testing, behavioral testing frameworks, and behavioral testing methodologies
- Extensive experience in a pattern-based approach to software design. Strong knowledge of software patterns
- Experience in all phases of SDLC
- Experience with AWS, Redshift and cloud computing environments
- Experience with microservice architectures and streaming data processing
- A quality-oriented mindset focused on product delivery
- Excellent communication abilities
- A strong capacity and desire to self-educate
- Experience in resolving production defects and issues
- Experience with Apache Kafka, Apache Storm
- Experience with Dropwizard, Docker, Kubernetes, Consul, JMX, Redis
- Experience with Angular Web Development
- Experience with Agile/Scrum/Kanban
- Experience with Java performance tuning
- Experience with SaaS, Telematics, Auto insurance
Why Choose CCC:
We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer generous benefit plans and resources designed with employee satisfaction in mind.
What we value is simple - customers, employee commitment, collaboration and clear communication.
We hire people who will embrace the company’s goals and productively contribute in ways that help us serve the customer, innovate, and stay strong.
We make it a priority to keep employees healthy, happy and enriched.
- Healthy - Wellness programs, competitive medical benefit offerings
- Happy – Recognition programs, a confidential employee assistance program, Perkspot/employee discount program and potentially flexible work arrangements such as staggered start times
- Enriched – Tuition reimbursement, training and learning programs, and leadership development opportunities
Our corporate headquarters is located in downtown Chicago within the historic Merchandise Mart—a certified LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) building.
Please Note: Contingent Workers, Field Inventory Representatives and Interns are not eligible for the benefits above.
CCC Information Services was recognized by Forbes as one of America’s Best Mid-Sized Employers in 2018 and ranked #17 in the Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago in 2017 by Built In Chicago.
CCC is ready to help you shift your career into high gear. Let's get started!