WordPress Applications Engineer
About WP Engine.
WP Engine empowers everyone-from entrepreneurs to global brands-to build breakthrough digital experiences on WordPress and drive their business forward faster.
WP Engine is a fast-growing technology company. We offer a fast-paced, dynamic work environment for passionate people who want to learn, innovate, and positively impact the lives of customers, team members, and their communities. A WordPress Application Engineer at WP Engine implements WordPress digital experiences which assist new customers with discovering, learning about, and purchasing WP Engine's services and helps existing customers use these services more effectively. When we do this really well, our new and existing customers have a smooth and delightful experience with WP Engine.
About the role.
A WordPress Applications Engineer on WP Engine's Digital Experience team supports its marketing organization through design and development of web applications, WordPress-centric products, system integrations, and automations. The ideal person has experience developing themes and plugins for mass-distribution, has extensive experience both using and creating APIs, and is proficient in software testing and automation. They are able to work in a team development environment across a range of interconnected properties and are comfortable with an agile, sprint-driven workflow. As well as provide Subject-Matter-Expert support for various internal content publishing and partnership efforts.
WordPress Applications Engineer may also interact with certain WordPress technology partners for prototyping and testing new solutions.
If we were to design the ideal candidate, they would look something like this:
- Experienced. 5+ years of experience developing WordPress applications for globally recognized brands in the technology industry, either in-house or at an agency.
- UI development (a plus). You can develop the user-facing component of an application as well as the systems component by leveraging React and other modern frameworks.
- Data proficiency (a plus). You have a working knowledge of tools like Google Analytics, Google Optimize, A/B testing, and implementing success metrics on applications.
- Passionate. You are a fan of the brand we're building. You crave responsibility and want to build on our vision for the brand.
- Values driven. You believe in and will make decisions based on our core values.
- Conceptual. Given a user story and general sense of requirements, you are highly adept at designing a solution that is simple, secure and scalable.
- Team player. You have extensive experience working on development teams and enjoy collaboratively developing code with a diverse group of colleagues.
- Fast. You are able to turn around work at a high pace of creative problem solving while maintaining a high standard of quality.
- Self-starter. You're willing to take action and able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment.
- Active Participation & Organization. In order to have a smooth interaction with our team you should have extensive experience with agile development lifecycles (e.g. Scrum, Kanban), excellent communication skills, excellent code documentation skills, and have a high aptitude for organization.
- You are passionate about the intersection of technology and marketing and have some experience or interest working with the Web, WordPress or other web content management systems.
At WP Engine we strive to have the broadest possible view of diversity, going beyond visible differences to include the background, experiences, skills, and perspectives that make each person unique. WP Engine is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
The perks & benefits.
- Compensation (We offer market competitive salaries)
- Stock Options (Every employee is an owner in the company)
- Health Benefits (100% Paid Employee Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- 401(k) (Make the most of retirement)
- Life and Disability Insurance (100% Paid Life, STD, LTD, and AD&D)
- Generous Vacation Time (Who doesn't like time off?)
- Transportation (24x7 Downtown parking or commuter reimbursement)
- Lunch (Provided Monday – Thursday)
- Gym membership discount
At WP Engine, we strive to have the broadest possible view of diversity, going beyond visible differences to include the background, experiences, skills, and perspectives that make each person unique. WP Engine is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.