Enterprise Acquisition Content Marketing Manager
BigCommerce, named "Best Place to Work" in Austin in 2017, is looking for an experienced Content Marketing Manager to join the Enterprise Acquisition Marketing team. This person will be responsible for developing the content strategy for BigCommerce Enterprise to support the entire funnel, from acquisition through to sales. They will both write content and source and manage external resources. This person should be a skilled Marketing professional, with a strong communications background.
To be successful in this role, you must:
- Have 5+ years experience creating credible, professional, value-add content that builds brands and compels action.
- Have experience with e-commerce software and/or enterprise software.
- Have roots in content and product marketing and strategic storytelling.
- Understand how content should support the buyer’s journey.
- Have experience with a proven project management methodology for the content planning, development, and review process.
- Know content requirements and best practices for publishing on key content platforms reaching enterprise buyers, such as social channels (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram), SlideShare, YouTube, email, and syndicated networks.
- Be comfortable working with Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, and Drive, and demonstrated experience with key tools for content creation, workflow management, content management, as well as publishing platforms.
What you'll do
Content Strategy + Content Production + Funnel Formation
- In partnership with the campaign manager and product marketing manager, build the content strategy by identifying new, compelling content that will generate and advance leads through the sales funnel.
- Identify the best content format (eg whitepaper, research note, infographic, ebook, blog post, webinar, podcast, calculator, checklists, quizzes, video, slides, podcast, comparison chart, etc.) based on objectives, distribution channel, and past performance data.
- Manage a content production calendar. Assign and keep track of all tasks, workflows, and deadlines.
- Create, write, edit, and manage the production of the content, or source experts, including external influencers and internal talent.
- Work with in-house design and video teams, and source/procure external production resources as required.
- Project manage the creation of compelling content assets from ideation through completion. Partner with the campaign manager to develop timelines aligned to campaign launch plans, and implement efficient methodologies to speed the time to market while also delivering market-leading quality.
- Manage and coordinate pre-recorded and live-stream webinars.
- Ensure all content is consistent with the brand voice and style and optimized for search and user experience.
- Manage the content production budget, and make budget recommendations based on projected impact to marketing KPIs.
- Keep content up to date to ensure accuracy and relevancy. Maintain a content library, regularly review and update or retire content, and serve as the internal point-of-content for any content requests.
- Identify content performance KPI’s and, working with the campaign manager, track the performance of content. Identify successful content and map out new ways to repurpose (i.e. a blog post into a YouTube video) to amplify message, visibility and lead generation. Continue to refine the content strategy based on performance metrics.
Who you are
- Master Communicator - Superior written and verbal communication skills, including knowledge of the structure of the English language, the meaning and spelling of words, and rules of composition and grammar. You must be a creative writer with high standards and attention to detail. You know the difference between average and outstanding content.
- Strategist - You understand how different marketing messages and channels affect people in different buyer segments and different parts of the customer journey from acquisition to retention.
- Customer Focused - You want to deliver the best experience possible for future and current customers, as helping our customers’ businesses grow is the #1 goal at BigCommerce.
- Problem Solver - You can see hidden problems and probe a variety of sources for answers, are able to look beyond the obvious, and can identify and creatively solve complex problems.
- Curious - You are interested in human psychology and what compels people to pay attention, change their mindset, and take action. You wonder how people think and how they respond. You like to create a hypothesis and test your theories.
- Collaborative - You have demonstrated success working cross-functionally in larger organizations, and have the ability to forge strong bonds and work collaboratively with key external and internal partners.
- Composed - You know how to execute consistently in a fast-paced, high pressure, dynamic environment and carry out self-directed responsibilities.
- Personable - You are seen as positive, energetic, and exude a strong sense of teamwork by working effectively, respectfully, and efficiently with all team members.
- Driven - You have the ability to manage projects on time with minimal assistance in an ever-changing environment, steadfastly push yourself, and are committed and driven to achieve both Department and Company goals.
- Ethical - You believe in our mission, share our values and understand that it’s not just about what you get done, but also how you do it.
What makes our content stand out
- Well-researched, highly actionable content. We write content that adds value and makes it worth our readers’ time. The way we see it: there’s way too much mediocrity in the world, there is absolutely no need for yet more mediocre content. Every single piece we put out there aims to be the best in the world on whatever topic it’s on.
- Growth tips from ecommerce industry (not the folks marketing to them). There’s a lot of noise out there. No one needs more of it. Our readers have business challenges and they need answers. When we write on a topic, the goal is to make it so good readers don’t need to read much else on the subject. The writing covers a lot of research, interesting points made by smart people and clear steps on what to do next. In particular, we make to work with ecommerce businesses to offer growth advice to ecommerce brands –– not just tech folks looking to marketing their ideas.
- Honesty, always. We write for smart people. We are honest about how hard building a business is. And we’re serious about the right strategies to do it.
BigCommerce is a robust, flexible commerce platform that provides established and emerging brands with everything they need to launch, promote, manage and scale a successful online store.BigCommerce merchants earn more than retailers on competitive commerce solutions thanks to advanced features, better site performance and streamlined business processes. Founded in 2009, the company has received more than $100 million in funding from SoftBank Capital, American Express, Telstra Ventures, General Catalyst, Revolution Growth and FLOODGATE. BigCommerce supports thousands of retailers around the world from its offices in San Francisco, Austin and Sydney.
We’re a team of smart, passionate and talented people on a mission to democratize commerce. If you’re looking to work with industry leaders and love what you do, we want to hear from you!
Perks & Benefits
- An amazing company culture that doesn’t just talk values, but lives them
- Open vacation policy for salaried team members and generous accrual vacation policy for hourly team members, + paid sick time
- Competitive compensation packages and meaningful stock grants for every employee
- Comprehensive health insurance coverage that starts on day one
- Fully stocked kitchens and craft beers (don’t worry, we also subsidize gym memberships)
- Three especially cool offices in Austin, San Francisco and Sydney
- A free online store to help you live out your entrepreneurial dreams
- Employee-driven teambuilding activities like paintball, rock climbing, social sports leagues, hackathons, movie nights, river floats, etc.
- Time off for volunteering and employee-driven charity events