The Accounting Specialist will take ownership of several facets of AlertMedia’s financial accounting operations. The right candidate will be determined to achieve effective and seamless support of business operations, including timely and accurate customer billing, responding to internal and external business inquiries and collaborating with internal teams to meet company goals.
Who we are:
AlertMedia has disrupted the mass notification industry and become its technology leader, now serving some of the largest and most respected companies in the world. Our emergency communication software and monitoring services enable organizations keep their people safe, informed, and connected. Customers in telecom, healthcare, transportation, energy, manufacturing, government and education are using the AlertMedia platform for emergency communication, regular business communication, and operational activities such as scheduling, dispatching, and other logistics.
This is an amazing opportunity to be part of our wave of momentum and take our company, and your career, to the next growth stage. We'd love to get to know you better and share how we serve our amazing customers. For more information please visit www.alertmedia.com.
What you will do:
• Build and leverage strong relationships with our customers and their administrative personnel
• Accurately create and ensure successful delivery of customer invoices
• Identify and resolve discrepancies in billing issues
• Provide quick and responsive ongoing administrative support to customers, employees, and vendors
• Create and manage a database of key customer contract terms and renewal dates
• Keep track of customer invoices and manage the timely receipt of payments
• Ensure accuracy of, enter and process payments for employees and vendors
• Reconcile general ledger accounts and record journal entries
• Work closely with Customer Success to identify up-selling opportunities
• Acquire industry knowledge related to general trends, accounting pro
• BA/BS degree in accounting, finance or a relevant field required
• 2+ years’ experience in an accounting or financial role
• Proven experience with invoicing and collecting customer payments
• Experience working within an accounting software system (Quickbooks and/or NetSuite experience a plus) and with Microsoft Excel
• Experience working with medium-sized to enterprise level customers
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent organizational and project management skills, with ability to prioritize
• Experience working with large volumes of customer transactions and interaction
• Strongly analytical, with creative problem solving and negotiating skills
• Ability to work closely with all employees of the company
• Must be independent, self-motivated and success-driven, yet willing to work within a team environment
• US Citizen or Permanent Resident (We will not sponsor at this time)
• Tons of energy, humor, compassion, and enthusiasm
• The ability and desire to work in a fast-paced challenging environment
• The desire to learn and be coached
What we offer:
- Base salary + Company-Wide Bonus program
- Stock options – be a shareholder in the company
- Competitive PTO + holidays to enjoy balance
- Health benefits – medical, dental, vision, and life insurance 100% paid for employees
- Company-wide bonus program based on collective success
- An exciting and positive work environment
- Commitment to community service with opportunities to give back
AlertMedia is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.