ScaleFactor, one of Austin’s Best Place to Work and voted Coolest Company in Austin, is a high-growth organization that combines trusted experts with intuitive software to solve businesses’ accounting and finance needs. We are experiencing an enormous amount of growth, and we need "A" Players to join our team here at ScaleFactor. Joining ScaleFactor will change your life! If you are a tech savvy and exceptional Accounting Specialist who is ready for the next chapter in your career and want to be a part of something truly special, then we look forward to speaking with you!
***NEW SCALEFACTOR JOB POSTING***
WE ARE LOOKING FOR 2 NEW ACCOUNTING SPECIALISTS FOR FEBRUARY 2019!!!
ARE YOU READY TO JOIN ONE OF THE BEST PLACES TO WORK IN AUSTIN?
APPLY NOW AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO CONNECTING WITH YOU!
JOB TITLE: ACCOUNTING SPECIALIST
You are a multi-tasker and can handle and deliver on competing priorities and deliverables. Your can-do attitude inspires your team and your speed in accomplishing tasks helps you thrive in a fast-paced, evolving environment. Your incredible attention to details enable you to identify and resolve problems quickly while you gather and analyze information accurately. You are a technically competent accounting specialist and comfortable utilizing various accounting softwares to perform your job. Your superior communication skills enable you to get your point across completely and effectively. Your adaptability and resourcefulness to drive results create a direct impact in all areas of ScaleFactor, now and in the future.
Our Accounting Specialist will work closely with our in house accountants and tasks will vary day to day but will include the following:
- Classifying and reconciling bank feeds and transactions for a large number of customers (primary role)
- Collaborating with in-house staff accountants to problem solve and troubleshoot weekly
- Working with our proprietary software to develop workflows and procedures for the team
- Researching financial data to ensure accurate output for our clients
- At least 1 year solid experience in a high volume comparable accounting role
- Proficient in Excel and possess a working knowledge of accounting concepts
- Experience with various accounting and operations software platforms, cloud based accounting tools including, but not limited to Xero, QuickBooks Online, and Bill.com
- Bachelor’s or Associate's degree in Accounting
- Experience working on multiple accounts simultaneously
- Financial Technology start-up company experience
- Work at one of Austin’s Best Places to Work in 2017 - Amazing culture, dynamic office, and work alongside the best and brightest in the industry
- Competitive wage based on experience
- Unlimited vacation, flexible hours & optional work offsite days
- Potential for stock options
- Unlimited cold brew coffee
- Dog and cat friendly offices located in hip East Austin
If this role describes you, we look forward to receiving your complete application online!
- Your one-page resume highlighting skills and requirements for the Accounting Specialist position
Keywords: CFO, Controller, SOX/Internal Controls/Compliance, Auditor, Staff Accountant, Senior Accountant, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll Specialist, Data Entry, Entry Level Accountant, Financial Reporting, SEC Reporting, Process Improvement, Management Consulting, CPA, CFA, MBA, Collections, Billing, Accounting & Financial Reporting, Financial Planning, Financial Analysis, Back Office Operations, Banking Operations, Collateral Management, Commercial Credit & Lending, Compliance, Corporate Actions, Credit Analysis, Underwriting, Derivatives, Equity Analyst, Fund/Portfolio Accounting, Government Clearance, International And Domestic Trade Support, Investment Analyst, Performance Analyst, Portfolio Administrator, Portfolio Analyst, Research Analyst, Intermediate Level Accountant Other: Financial Planner, Cost Accountant, Portfolio Manager, Finance Manager, Financial Reporting Analyst, International Controller, Financial Analyst, VP Of Finance, Treasurer, Assistant Controller, Bookkeeper, Accounts Payable Clerk, Accounts Receivable Clerk, Mutual Fund Analyst, Credit Analyst, Payroll Clerk, Payroll Manager, Financial Assistant, Director Of Investor Relations, Procurement Specialist, Purchasing Manager, Fixed Asset Accounting, Business Process Reengineering, Risk Management, Value-Added Analysis, SAP, GAAP, Financial Projections, General Ledger, Trial Balance, Financial Statements, Expense Analysis, Tax Reporting, Tax Planning, Payroll, Benefits Administration, Portfolio Management, Cross-Functional Team Leadership, Financial And Strategic Planning, P&L Management, Auditing And Compliance, Operating And Working Capital, Budget Management, Mergers And Acquisitions, Cash-Flow Management, Business Valuations, Data Warehouse Reporting, Audits And Compliance, A/P, A/R, Regulatory Accounting, Microsoft Excel, Bank Reconciliations, Crystal Reports, Hyperion, Spreadsheet, Xero, Bill.com, Quickbooks, Abacus