Kazoo is the only all-in-one people management solution in the market that takes recognition, engagement, and performance and delivers them in one powerful platform. Through its Recognition & Rewards, Performance Management, and Surveys offerings, Kazoo is an award-winning, employee-first solution that increases productivity, retention, and revenue, and enables companies to build a purpose-driven culture of high engagement and high performance. With over 500 global customers, the Kazoo platform puts actionable analytics in the hands of business leaders, connecting them to what really matters. Kazoo is when work is working.
Our approach is employee-driven, not top-down. We built our platform, and our company, with a promise to give employees what they need to deeply engage in their work and with their colleagues, and to drive results for the company. Our focus is on building teams, cross-functional collaboration, and purposeful perks. We practice transparency, provide a culture of continuous feedback, and promote regular service to our community.
Overview of the role:
We're are looking for an experienced individual with an accounting background to assist the Controller with day to day accounting tasks. Someone that is personable, can work in a fast paced environment, and is able to improve the processes as we grow.
What awesome stuff you'll do:
- Manage A/P & A/R and payment processing while adhering to current procedures and policies.
- Oversee expense reporting and ensure policies are adhered to and that coding is accurate.
- Handle month end close duties including journal entries, monthly balance sheet reconciliations, bank and credit card reconciliations, and monthly analysis while working with large amounts of data in excel.
- Process and receive deposits.
- Manage Avalara and our monthly Sales Tax filings and assist with tax work preparation for annual returns (Income, Franchise, Property).
- Perform 1099 annual preparation and filing.
- Respond to requests for annual audit support.
- Assist with other special projects or duties when required.
What you'll need to be successful:
- 2-4 years experience in an accounting or similar role
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Good background in financial reconciliations and month end close
- Experience with external audits
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Strong analytical and technical accounting skills
- Willingness to learn, be flexible, and possess the ability to work effectively under deadlines
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting preferred, other degrees considered with commensurate work experience
Brownie Points for:
- Experience with accounting software (Intacct or Netsuite)
When you work at Kazoo, we provide competitive benefits to make your life better both in and out of the office, which include: health, dental and vision insurance; open vacation policy; flexible wfh policy; 11 paid holidays; 401k program; Stocked kitchen; Mac Laptop; Transportation/Parking Stipend; Generous Parental Leave; Fertility benefits; Breast milk delivery; EAP & more!
At Kazoo, diversity and inclusion are fundamental to how we grow and operate our business. We’re building a diverse workforce that cultivates and supports all individuals. We believe a culture of equality creates a stronger work environment for all employees and that we are all accountable for encouraging and celebrating diverse voices. Kazoo commits to promote and recognize principles of fairness, equity, and social justice in relation to, and across, intersections of race, age, color, disability, faith, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, social class, economic class, ethnicity, gender identity, gender expression, and all other identities represented among our diverse membership.
We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Kazoo is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.