Accounts Receivable Staff
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers more than 10 trillion requests per month. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer and named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
What you'll do
The Accounts Receivable Staff processes all facets of Cloudflare’s worldwide Billing and Accounts Receivable (A/R) functions. This role facilitates prompt, correct, and complete billing, collection, and cash application of Cloudflare receivables to support preparation of accurate financial statements, compliance with customer contracts, and optimization of cash flow. Additionally, this position participates in certain regulatory compliance activities including sales tax assessment and reporting, and unclaimed property remittance.
- Billing and Accounts Receivable
- Direct preparation and issuance of customer invoices to ensure prompt and accurate billing in compliance with contract terms
- Oversee response to billing and A/R inquiries in a manner that cultivates a culture of exemplary customer service both internal and external
- Support Revenue team by running credit checks and monitoring credit worthiness of new and existing customers
- Participate in month-end close processes associated with Accounts Receivable to support timely and accurate preparation and delivery of financial statements
- Facilitate cash receipt and application processes to ensure prompt and accurate deposit of all funds and application to customer accounts
- Execute process for managing and refunding customer credit balances in a timely manner, partnering with Accounts Payable to escalate or resolve any A/R related unclaimed property issues.
- Oversee maintenance of customer account information within Billing System(s) to ensure up-to-date address, terms, tax, and contact information
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams on various systems projects including selection, implementation, and upgrades to A/R and Billing systems.
Policies, Procedures, and Internal Controls
- Policies, Procedures, and Internal Controls
- Execute policies and procedures for Billing and A/R, driving toward implementation of best practices and business process improvements
- Support overall organization’s SOX compliance requirements through adherence to key controls and timely
completion of reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree required, with emphasis in Accounting or Finance preferred
- 5+ years of experience in Billing and A/R functions in a high volume environment
- Exposure to international operations preferred
- Experience participating in system evaluation and implementation preferred.
- Demonstrated effective written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills at all levels of the organization
- Creative problem solving skills coupled with good judgment
- Effective communication skills, verbal and written, in order to research, prepare and present information to
- Management, as well as effective communication skills with co-workers
- Critical thinking and strong analytical skills.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, provide leadership, and take initiative under minimal supervision
- Intermediate Microsoft office skills.
- Comfort in a fast paced work environment, with multiple concurrent projects and priorities.
- Ability to plan, execute and deliver on projects in a timely manner; plus the ability to multi-task on varying
- Very high attention to detail; organized and thorough with a desire for continuous improvement.
- Stellar work ethic.
projects and initiatives.
What Makes Us Special
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94115.