As the Assistant Controller, you are a key member of the finance leadership team. You will report directly to the Global Controller and lead the Accounting team to ensure timely and accurate accounting and reporting, while providing clear and consistent guidance to business partners.
A look at your day-to-day
- Help define, document and implement policies around key accounting areas (fixed assets, intercompany, prepaids, etc.).
- Provide oversite to the monthly accounting close and financial statement preparation processes, including both internal and external reporting requirements
- Review journal entry documentation and account analyses to ensure all key accounts are supported and reconciled monthly, including intercompany balances with subsidiaries
- Prepare value added analysis of variances to prior periods and trends for financial reporting
- Act as a liaison with external auditors to ensure reviews/audits are efficient and timely
- Coordinate with IT to communicate systems issues, monitor remediation and identify opportunities to improve efficiency and accuracy by leveraging best practices and automation
- Manage a team of approximately 5 accounting professionals in a manner that creates positive morale and fosters engagement with business partners focused on organization results
- Provide outstanding staff training and individual development
- Work closely with internal business partners to develop creative solutions to business challenges and transaction work flows thru process optimization and standardization
- Promote and maintain a strong internal controls environment
- Become an expert in SAP and other IT systems for both accounting and operational activity
- Ensure accounting follows YETI policies and is compliant with US GAAP
- Act as a player coach, primarily supervising, but also as an individual contributor as needed
Now for a little bit about you….
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting from a respected academic institution required
- 8+ years of accounting experience with prior management of an accounting team required
- CPA or CA certificate required
- 3+ years of experience within Big 4 Public Accounting
- 4+ years of technical accounting experience within a large corporate environment required
- Direct management of an Accounting team required
- Experience working with SEC Regulations Preferred
- Staff management experience required
- GAP Evaluation and Analysis Preferred
- Experience with SAP/BPC preferred. Major ERP experience required
- Fast moving consumer products experience strongly preferred
- Strong data analysis and interpretation skills required
- Passion for accuracy, details and organization required
- Mental toughness and energy to succeed in a fast paced, multiple priority projects environment required
- Effective in presenting complex information in a clear fashion
- Superior communication, presentation, collaboration, and influencing skills required
- Unquestioned personal integrity and work ethic
Perks At YETI? We’ve got ya covered…
- YETI Swag Package
- Employee discounts on YETI products
- Friends and Family discounts on YETI products too!
- Lunch with our cool Ambassadors from the outdoor industry – get a chance to meet & break bread with your favorite fishing guides, BBQ pit masters and hunting pro’s
- Competitive PTO program PLUS Loyalty Leave: 1 extra day of PTO with each year of service (up to 5 additional days after 5 years)
- Day of Service – 1 day per year to do community volunteer work
- Benefits coverage (health, dental, vision, etc) and 401K
- Employee Development Opportunities
- Casual work environment – what else would you expect for a cooler company?
- Standing desk options
- Discounts with outdoor vendors / clients (such as Patagonia, Kuhl, Costa, etc)
YETI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.